Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't thrilled with the factory sights on my 336C. I stripped everything off, installed the XS Lever Scout Mount, Leupold FX-II 2.5x28mm IER Scout riflescope, and XS Ghost-Ring Backup Sights. On paper that SEEMS to be an IDEAL setup. But having the riflescope mounted that far forward, it seemed [to ME] that the rifle felt unbalanced, SEEMING to pull the front of the barrel downward, creating [to ME] an awkward feeling when trying to free-hand a shot. It felt uncomfortable TO ME.

I stripped EVERYTHING off [AGAIN] and mounted a Millett see-thru mount & a Cabela's Pine Ridge Lever-Action (ballistic-compensated for use with Hornady LeverEvolution ammo) Riflescope. THAT is a NICE setup.

MY problem is, I have misplaced the original factory sights to put back on. I need to locate a resource for replacing the original sights, OR, I wonder if there's an after-market sight system to incorporate the original factory sight mounts... like TruGlo. I'm using the factory-drilled holes for the scope, so I need to use the factory location for whatever open sights that can be acquired. Thank you, in advance, for any help in this matter

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
ekline51 said:
I stripped EVERYTHING off [AGAIN] and mounted a Millett see-thru mount & a Cabela's Pine Ridge Lever-Action (ballistic-compensated for use with Hornady LeverEvolution ammo) Riflescope. THAT is a NICE setup.
Tell me you didn't put SEE-THRU mounts on a Marlin. You know that is blasphemy! :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always thought that to be true on MOST/ALL setups. But it was what the local had in stock & I was too stubborn to wait. I may change it to a standard-height base, but I still want to put open sights back on... just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts