Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the sights on my new GBL are at about the 11:30 position, if I buy the XS sights with the rear sight being on the receiver i'm guessing it will shoot to the left? I just noticed they are off center and i want to put the XS sights on, it's one thing after another with this gun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Torguewrench, with your rear sight moved all the way to the left to compensate for your front sight being off to the left it's likely you'll still be shooting to the right. And your problem is common with a lot of newer Marlin 1895s.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Send it back. Oh yeah, and don't feed it after midnight or get it wet. Then it really gets ugly...darn Remlins. :mad: I know I won't be buying any new ones, I'll stick to used with the JM stamp and know they'll work! Sorry about your gun pal. That stinks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mine was shooting a foot left when I got it. The ghost ring is adjusted far right and it still hits 3 inches left at 100 yards. I hate to see Marlin being ran into the ground.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Definitely try to send it back or better yet get your dealer to send it back. It is ridiculous for them to expect us to be satisfied with such a low quality product, not to mention to patiently wait weeks or months while they repair it. When you buy a new firearm you expect to be able to use and enjoy it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Assuming your new xo rear sight will be centered on the receiver, the rifle will shoot to the right of center. This is because you will have to misalign the barrel to the right to get the front sight to align up with the rear sight. The general rule for adjusting sights is: you move the rear sight in the direction you want the strike of the bullet to move, and you move the front sight (as in archery) in the opposite direction you want the strike of the projectile to move. If your front sight is in the 11:30 position I don't think you will be able to get satisfactory alignment in the ghost ring. I would take that rifle back to the store where you bought it and get your money back. I hate hearing about these unacceptable rifles making it to the display racks. Marlin won't survive if this keeps up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
"Marlin won't survive if this keeps up."

Maybe that's their plan... :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts