Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just picked up my first 336 on a trade. It's a 336ss with a "99" SN. It has a 16" (16.5"?) barrel, barrel bands, and a pistol grip stock. The stock is synthetic, which I'm assuming to be an aftermarket deal.

Now, from my amateur sleuthing, I can't find a factory short barrel, SS, pistol grip configuration. Did Marlin make anything like that?

I will say, if the barrel has been shortened, it was really well done.

I'm pretty pleased with the rifle in general. Much more enjoyable than the AR parts gun that I traded for it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
15,384 Posts
Welcome from Alabama... Your rifle is a 2001 and came with Walnut stocks and a 20" barrel and a 6 round magazine tube... And pics are always appreciated...

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Welcome to MO from SW Ohio.

And congrats on your new rifle.

·
Super Moderator
11,669 Posts
Welcome from the sunshine state. Your 336SS is a first year model but has likely been modified by a barrel chop and stock swap. Looking forward to photos.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SW Arkansas. Yes, we need pictures.

·
Premium Member
5,586 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm confused by your "join date" of March 28th 2010... Did it really take you 10 years after you joined this forum to make your first post?

Or did the site miscalculate your actual "join date"? It doesn't matter, it's just that strange things like that seem to catch my attention...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha, yes. I joined quite a while ago and lurked around for a "bit".

I'm pretty jazzed with the rifle. It's going to be handy in a hunting blind or just bumming around.

I took off the older Leupold M8 4X that was mounted in med-high rings, along with a recoil pad and nylon butt cuff cartridge carrier. It's much nicer handling now.

Attachments

·
Registered
736 Posts
Nice looking rifle. Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I agree with the comments. Looks like someone shorten the barrel and replace the stock (maybe Ramline/ Champion).
Nice looking rifle. If it shoots great- you have a keeper. good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts