Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the trail of one. If all the stars align I should have it in the next day or two. I think I might be coming down with Marlinitis. Looked it over today. On hold, just need to work out a price. Blue is faded, stock has been refinished, but the bore is nice and overall condition is quite nice. Butter smooth action. Waffletop is unmolested.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will be a happy man!
I am looking forward to it. I had a 32 special (94 Win) for 60 years. My first deer rifle. Originally belonged to my father. Birthday present to my son a couple of years ago, I am getting to be an old fart, and I thought I would not ever need one again. Then this one came along. Sold my 32 special dies so gotta replace them. Oh, the trials and tribulations of firearms lovers. Going to pick it up in the next day or two. I will try to post some photos. I never owned a Marlin until a few months ago when I acquired a 35 Remington. Now I am hooked. After working the action on a vintage Marlin I won't even look at a Winchester any more. I have collected military stuff for many years. May end up trading it all on Marlins. Oh, the horror because I could get an awful lot of Marlins. :star:

·
Registered
29,614 Posts
Sweet! I have one myself with a Williams peep sight!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
Congrats on a great looking rifle!

·
Registered
323 Posts
dallased

After working the action on a vintage Marlin I won't even look at a Winchester any more.
Although I remain a devotee of the Winchester 1892, I feel the same way. Once I shouldered, shot and field stripped a Marlin 1894/1895/336... I too was stricken with a severe case of Marlinitis.

John Moses! please forgive me (your 1911 *remains* my personal handgun!).

I have collected military stuff for many years. May end up trading it all on Marlins. Oh, the horror because I could get an awful lot of Marlins.
I was both humored and a little awestruck by this part of your post, because I believe you. Hahaha!

I wish you continued! good fortune, and I hope that you have many more years' enjoyment shooting your ever-increasing collection of Marlin rifles and carbines.

If I may...

I once owned for a few years a 1922-made Winchester 1894 SRC chambered in .30WCF, but unlike the rest of my long guns, I couldn't hit squat! with it. I regret I never really dug in and worked hard at getting it zero'd through it's folding ladder sight irons, but the seemingly-complex monkey motion of the '94 action added to my small displeasure.

Again, once I shouldered, shot and cleaned a Marlin, I never looked back, and sold the Win '94. I rolled most of that dough into a three-screw Super Blackhawk, not an entirely unwise decision... The fact remained however that in spite of my .30 cal bolt carbines and my four, beautiful Marlin carbines I was without a .30-30... that is, until a fellow here who likes to hunt with his .243 and aught-six pump guns offered a '68 336 Texan carbine for sale. I caved, of course, and it's on it's way here to California from Pennsylvania.

Thank you for your post! and a hearty congratulations! on your latest acquisition. :beer:

Reactions: jertex
1 - 13 of 13 Posts