Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had eye surgery "Again" on the shooting eye (Left), Thursday, not a very happy camper right now. Vision is blurred pretty bad. Maybe it will get better in time. If not I guess I can take advantage of three or four right hand stocks I have accumulated over the years. Maybe buying that Winchester model 52B with the right hand Sporter comb stock was an omen of things to come.

DG :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Smoke, Sorry you're having vision trouble again. Sure hope it improves and you can get back to shooting. Don't irritate them on this computer screen. :wink:

Dave

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naw! Just using one right now. I am hoping it will get better with time. Are you still planning to come over for the Wannemaker gun show?

DG[

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know and maybe we can get together. Sarge indicated sometime back that he intended to come also.

DG

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fullchoke

Did you see the pictures of the Winchester 52B. They are posted in the Marlin Collector forum in the Martini Thread.

DG

·
Registered
78 Posts
I saw the pictures. I'm trying to make up my mind if my next rifle should be a Remington 541 or a Winchester 52. I need to study on both, as I'm notvery familiar with either. Saw some really nice 541S & 541T at our local gun show this weekend. Just had no idea where the prices should be.

Your 52B looks good. And you've got the right brand of scope mounted :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hope the vision comes back Smoke. A friend of mine had to give up shooting at the age of 87 because of cateracts. He had to wait several years for surgery but at the age of ninety he was back behind his rifle shooting as well as ever.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey smoke,
Sorry to hear about your eyes. Prayin for a quick recovery. Hang in there buddy! - Askel

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hey Smoke, I'm sure you'll be ok before long and back to shooting correct handed. I will be at the gun show this saturday. Where will you yahoos be hanging out at? I usually spen all day there slobbering all over everything, then leave with a box of 22 shells.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sarge

I can't think of a good way to meet someone there. I will take a cell phone and hopefully remember to turn it on. The number is 693-0796. I will be out there something like 10:30 A.M or so. Give me a call and we can look each other up out there. If you have a better idea lay it on me.

DG

Sarge said:
Hey Smoke, I'm sure you'll be ok before long and back to shooting correct handed. I will be at the gun show this saturday. Where will you yahoos be hanging out at? I usually spen all day there slobbering all over everything, then leave with a box of 22 shells.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Smoke,
Sounds good to me. Is that a 918 area code? I also will try to remember to bring my cell phone.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sarge

Yes the area code is 918.

My home phone is 918-455-8856 just in case.

DG

Sarge said:
Smoke,
Sounds good to me. Is that a 918 area code? I also will try to remember to bring my cell phone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts