Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read somewhere in the MO forums that there was an official Marlin employee assembly and fitment guide for the 336. I looked through the reference library and did my share of searching but I can't find the guide nor the post where I saw it. Is there such a guide floating around or did I just dream that up? :hmmmm:

Thanks!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hmmmm? Good question, I do not remember reading about or stumbling across it. I hope someone comes along who can educates us.

·
Premium Member
11,161 Posts
Yes, there exists a booklet titled "Sequence of Action Assembly for the model 336 Lever Action Centerfire Rifle".

This was an "Inside Only Publication" written by a Master Gunsmith in R&D, and used to train other Techs, Gunsmiths and Assemblers.

It details the necessary tools needed. The tricks of Trigger refinement by modifying the Sear and /or Hammer Hooks. How to adjust the Carrier and Carrier rocker, Tips on part inspection, Exploded views, and other pertinent info re: the basic 336 action.

My copy was given to me by the Director of R&D and was written on April 19, 1988...........I only know with certainty of one other copy to exist outside the North haven Marlin plant, but I'm pretty sure there may be others.......

As to how you could acquire one.........I really don't know, as these were not published for the outside world.....Much, if not all of the text and info is the type that companies and their lawyers would not want in the hands of the comsumer........

I'm also quite sure someone has probably written and published something comparable to be sold on the outside.

I would research some of the SASS & CASS sites. Possibley someone there can point you to something similar.

Tom

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
I was gonn a tell y'all to PM Tomray he used to work for Marlin!!! But I see he already beat me here so pay me no mind!!! Carry on

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, there exists a booklet titled "Sequence of Action Assembly for the model 336 Lever Action Centerfire Rifle".

This was an "Inside Only Publication" written by a Master Gunsmith in R&D, and used to train other Techs, Gunsmiths and Assemblers.

...........I only know with certainty of one other copy to exist outside the North haven Marlin plant, but I'm pretty sure there may be others.......

As to how you could acquire one.........I really don't know, as these were not published for the outside world.....Much, if not all of the text and info is the type that companies and their lawyers would not want in the hands of the comsumer........

Tom
Two black SUV's came to my house. After being roughed up I was told never to mention the "Sequence of Action Assembly for the model 336 Lever Action Centerfire Rifle Guide" .
:vollkommenauf:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Tomray. I wish I bookmarked that post where someone mentioned something in the reference library though. Maybe I can dig through my browser history but that means going through a lot of MO pages, LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts