Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of updating my 336 to something a little more tactical which would include a red dot optic but also wanted to maintain backup "iron sights". I'm considering going with a synthetic nylon stock over wood, enlarged lever for my big paws and looking at the XS Lever Rail system for Marlin which would allow me to install both Optics and pop up back up sights like the Magpull Flip ups.
MAG248-FDE_0.jpg MAG275-BLK_0.jpg SSIG-45S-MDBT-00_0.jpg 1499_1.jpg
Any of the various rear back up sights will work with the XS Lever Rail system, but I'll need to come up with something for the front sights if I want everything co-witnessed. I don't necessarily want a fixed large front sight like that on the AR or AK's. Any ideas? I'm also looking around for.....wait for it......some sort of Picatinny forward mount that will also give added support for the barrel and magazine tube that can able to support the front pop up sight and.....perhaps even a bayonet mount. Yes, I'm just that crazy.

At the moment I'm not thinking flashlight which might not be a bad idea....down the road, or laser.

Has anyone seen anything like that out there? Ideas? Suggestions?

·
Registered
801 Posts

One option, if you're willing to accept the very short sight radius, would be to mount your BUIS to the rail as in this photo. It would eliminate the need for a taller front sight. For what it's worth, you could also use a QD optic mount and retain your choice of irons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts