Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 94 with the micro groove barrel a few weeks ago. It shoots beautifully except every now and the the case gets stuck and I got to pry it out. Anyone know whats going on?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Is the fired case getting stuck in the chamber? If so you need to give the chamber area a good scrubbing with a bore brush and inspect it to see if there is any roughness in the chamber from rust or poor machineing.
Could be it's had 44 specials fired that left a ring of carbon at the end of the case mouth and the longer 44 mag hull is hanging up on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, the fired brass. It's a 357 and I checked that. I was thinking maybe the barrel gets to hot and expands, would that be possable?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Not likely. If it expanded, the brass would come out easier, not harder. ;D

Take a look at the extractor. The part that catches the case and pulls it out may be worn or for some reason not getting a good grip on the case.

When you pry the cases out, do they come out easy or hard? If they come out easy, it's the extractor. If they come out hard, it's the chamber or the brass itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its hard, I guess it could be the brass, they were reloads. I'll give it another look

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Theres a recess in the breach end of the barrel for the extractor to fit into. If theres crud in there it can prevent the extractor from snapping over the rim. There could also be crap under the extractor itself keeping it from engaging the rim good.
Those are the things I'd look at first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts