Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite rain for all eight days, we had a great time. There was still ice along the banks in some places and we had the river to ourselves. Saw moose, eagles, osprey, etc. Found an old radial engine in the woods, and poked around what was once a logging depot. I think next year we'll do the St. John.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Awesome trip! The stuff memories are made of.

·
Registered
20,513 Posts
A trip the both of you will remember forever!:tee:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Trips into the back country are my favorites. I'm now thinking about my two brothers in Alaska this morning. As I write this they are on PWS near Montague Island fishing for salmon, halibut and yellow eye. From Whittier it is an 85 mile run each way. Sometimes when we are out there we'll go for days and not see another boat or even an airplane. Pretty spectacular place.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
My father died when I was only eight, so my mother, being a north woods gal, packed us all up and took us on a canoe trip in the Boundary Waters that summer, a tradition that continued every summer for many years. Those trips are the reason I fell in love with the north woods and why my husband and I retired, up here. Make no mistake, such trips can be a life changer for your daughter. Sure was for me. You've given your daughter a great gift, dad. I salute you.

·
Registered
931 Posts
It's been nearly fifty years since I canoed the Sacramento River from Red Buff to Stockton, 365 miles over nine days. I still remember most of it (I think, anyway). Still in touch with many of the other Sea Scouts who made that trip.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sounds like a good time, I wish we had some wild and scenic rivers like that here.

·
Registered
661 Posts
You're both to be commended for your adventurous spirit. Looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Really cool, you guys running old towns?

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Congrats on a great trip. Had to look up the river on google. Sounds like a wonderful trip. One you'll both remember.

Mop

1 - 17 of 17 Posts