Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
It works as lube and preservative. Until I moved to WA, I lived in CA and utilized it as lube and preservative. Never tried it as a solvent. Would still be using but, it is very difficult to find up here and if found it is usually in a spray container.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
I have been using it for about 5 years as a lubricant/preservative on my 1911s. I like it, but wouldn't consider it a solvent.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Used Ezzox for awhile,and it worked fine, but found it an expensive alternative the Ed's Red.
I make up a gallon of Ed's Red at a time, as needed.
It's about as good as anything, and better than most, and cheap by the gallon.
When lanolyn is included, it's an excllent preservative as well.
Google "Ed's Red" for the recipe....I'd be surprised if the recipe not posted somehwere on this forum as well.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
I've used Eezox over a decade now, love it. I use it primarily as a bore treatment. I clean a bore with WipeOut, then really get it wet with Eezox, let it set overnight. Next day I run a boresnake through it. At the range, after every 5-10 rounds, I run a boresnake or patch/rod wet with Eezox through the bore. It really cuts down on copper fouling,etc. I only use wipeout again if my accuracy gets worse or if I just do it for grins! I like the smell of Eezox, but don't wipe my rifle down with it, it is too "loud". I use Outs Trilube ofr that, another great item, especially for a rust preventer. Good luck to you pard.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I use Eezox a lot. I buy it by the quart on line. I also bought a spray can I can pressure up with my air compressor. Just pour it in and pressure it up. The initial expense for the can is a lot, but you only buy it once. I have been using this setup for about three years now and it really works well for me. A quart of goes a long way. I think I still have the invoices if you need a source.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ray, look up Warren Custom Outdoor on the internet. I think I got both the Eezox and the pressure can from this guy. It took a while to get the can, but worth the wait.

Warren Custom Outdoor

3034 Aris St. NW
Warren, Ohio 44485-1601
[email protected]

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought a bottle awhile back for my handguns. Worked fine, but around here it's only available online. So decided buying stuff at Walmart was good enough- without shipping charges. Hoppe's and Mil-pro (tried their Bore-gel?) do fine for me.
Might add I love PowderBlast and GunScrubber, cleaning the action without leaving oily residue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts