Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally registered after lurking around for a while. This looks like the best of the Marlintalk spawns. I did a search on ebay for Marlin and found a 1980 firearms catalog. It went for 3 bucks and is in absolutely pristine shape. It has all the centerfire,rimfire, and shotgun offerings of the year and some wild game recipes. Last year I bought a 1980 M-375 and wanted its catalog to go with it. Very cool find. Anybody else have these, there were a few other years available?
Brian

·
Registered
336 Posts
260Brian,

Welcome aboard.

That is actually a pretty neat idea to have a catalog of the same year as your gun. I saw one of a 1950's circa some time back on Ebay. That kinda makes me want to find a 1970 edition.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good score, 260Brian. I got a 1972 one from ebay to go with my '72 model 1895. It somehow added a little to the pleasure of acquiring the rifle. Hope you enjoy yours.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I need top get a lot more Marlins! I have every catalog from WWII to present, plus a couple dozen from 1896-WWII. I'm missing a lot of guns!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I bought a 1980 catalog, a sling, and an original press release/photo of the M375 from Don Anderson of Marlin Collectors fame. Very nice gentleman with some first rate memorablia.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome Brian. Glad you like the place. We tend to think it is the best of the "replacement boards " but then we may be a little partial.

Larry

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
I was just wondering is the handle 260 Brian or is it 26 O'Brian?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its 260Brian as in .260 Remington. I have been Brian S on Jesseshunting.com for 3 years and It wasn't available on Gunbroker or some other shooting site so I started using 260Brian and any other new sign-ons so I could keep my log in info easy to remember. Guess it doesn't work so good on a lever cartridge site. :wink:
Brian

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
I question was just curiosity as when the number 0 or letter O are used I have trouble telling them apart. Welcome aboard. Randy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts