Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting around to clean my 989M2 and decided to change the buffer at the same time. Anyway I looked on the internet and here on how to do it and found this link which I used to help me.

This guy used zip ties which I believe greatly sped up the process, at least it helped me. Just posting it so it may help anyone else out there.

·
Registered
225 Posts
yes I used the zip tie method as well. It went very easily

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Great idea!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Lol. Stupid me didn't watch any videos and pulled it apart without ties and shot my hammer spring across the basement. Found it but while trying to put it back together the hammer strut bridge got loose and shot across the basement. I never found it and had to order another one from numrich. $12.00 part, a week delay and a valuable lesson learned. But I know the trigger group pretty good now. Lol
I ended up using tie wraps to hold everything together while I reassembled it. Much easier.
Needless to say I'm looking for old marlin parts guns now. I replaced some buggered up take down screws , trigger screws and a spring and spent enough to buy a parts gun. Those little parts get expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts