Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I order I am trying to figure out which one I need and I really can't get the information I understand from their website. I have ordered a couple of front sights and that was easy. This time not so much. I have one of the early Big Boys in 44 mag with the hex barrel. I have an early Henry designed canti lever scope mount on it which attaches to the two holes that were under the rear sight. Lots of folks did not know they were there. Anyhow I think I am taking the mount and scope off and going to a peep. I just can't figure out which one attaches to the two holes that were under the rear sight and whether or not I need a taller front sight. Is there any way to contact skinner. I sure can't figure it out from the site if there is one. If I am going to be dropping a hundred bucks I want to know what I am doing.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I do not know about how well Skinner is with phone calls since the china virus thing but in the past I have called them and either talked to the immediately or they would call me back within a few hours. I agree their website is confusing.

·
Super Moderator
11,764 Posts
The only model I see on the Skinner website is for the 22 octagon models. Might also work for a centerfire depending on front sight height but would call them first. The phone number is listed on the website under Contact Info.

Another option would be to have your receiver drilled & tapped for a regular receiver mounted sight. I did that on this .45 SBR using a first-generation Mares Leg for the host. As a bonus the factory D&T holes make a great place to mount a red dot.
https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/tactical-leverguns/535297-henry-mares-leg-45-sbr.html

·
Registered
282 Posts
Another option is to use a Williams WGRS 336 mounted in REVERSE so it does not hang over the rear of the receiver and flip the windage blade in reverse - as I have done on mine.
IMG_0954[1].JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts