Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a couple of pictures of a early 1893 takedown,pistol gripped, A checkered, half octagon 32-40, this rifle is s/n 131057 and has one of the long takedown lever. Sorry about the poor quality pic.I was wondering how common this long takedown lever is? Don

·
Registered
397 Posts
Don,
Once again I have the twin to one of your rifles. Mine is the same configuration as yours except it is in .25-36 caliber and it has a hard rubber buttplate. It is s/n 127XXX shipped in 1895. Mine also has the long takedown lever, and honestly I have seen very few with the long takedown lever. In all my years collecting Marlins, I'd say I've seen fewer than 5 or 6 with that lever. Makes me wonder if that was something used early on and later rifles were the shorter levers. I've see a very few with the flush levers too.

WB

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Nice gun Don.
Its hard to tell between my eyes & your pic but it looks to not have a trigger guard support screw. Do you happen to know when they started useing them?

·
Premium Member
7,250 Posts
I've rarely seen the long or flush takedowns. I've got one long takedown gun; an 1893 in .25-36, which happens to be the first Marlin I ever purchased. I don't believe I've seen more than 4-5 personally in my collecting years, and even less of the flush levers.
That's another beauty Don!

·
Premium Member
7,250 Posts
Leverdude said:
Nice gun Don.
Its hard to tell between my eyes & your pic but it looks to not have a trigger guard support screw. Do you happen to know when they started useing them?
Going from memory, but I think around 1903 when the support screw was added?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 5-3 engraved rifle has a flush takedown lever .pretty sure this is the only one i have with the long takedown lever, i'll have to check again, and it doesn't have the strengthening screw. Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts