Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I don't know if I've got the right site, but I just wanted to thank whoever suggested using dryer sheets in my case cleaning vibrator in order to keep the dust down. It works fine, and the best part is that my wife doesn't mind my using her dryer sheets at all.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Yep drier sheets work great in the beginning to make powder dispenser's static free too, and funnels for powder!!!
I learned that quickly lol

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Thats brilliant!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
And they make your ammo smell purty, too.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Another great idea that I learned thanks to the good folk on this forum. :tee:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Guys,
I don't know if I've got the right site, but I just wanted to thank whoever suggested using dryer sheets in my case cleaning vibrator in order to keep the dust down. It works fine, and the best part is that my wife doesn't mind my using her dryer sheets at all.
Was not sure what you were talking about till I read the other posts ....... Note to self ...... Keep mind out of gutter ...... :hmmmm:

Thanks for the heads up ...... That's great info

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I didn't know dryer sheets were good for cleaning vibrators but I do know they work great cleaning the love bugs off the front of our cars and trucks down here in Florida.
Ya'll lucky enough to have those too.

They come around here twice a year, whether we need 'em or not.......:(

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I didn't know dryer sheets were good for cleaning vibrators but I do know they work great cleaning the love bugs off the front of our cars and trucks down here in Florida.
Love bugs are a pleasure compared to many of FL's two legged, "guvment" subsidized inhabitants. Dryer sheets don't work on them.

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Been using them for a while .
Got the input from one of you guys .
THANK YOU !!
All my ammo has that country spring time smell .
And it didn't soften the lead :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,718 Posts
Ya'll lucky enough to have those too.

They come around here twice a year, whether we need 'em or not.......:(
Yep, we have had them for the last 40 years here. A couple times a year also. They will take the paint off a vehicle in a short amount of time as I am sure you know. Thank the good lord they don't sting. If they did we couldn't live here.:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I am so glad I got the stainless steel pin tumbler.... I can save my dryer sheets for my dryer!!! LOL

Doc

·
Super Moderator
5,371 Posts
I wipe down all my powder handling doo-dads with unscented dryer sheets, then even the dust slides right off.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I am so glad I got the stainless steel pin tumbler.... I can save my dryer sheets for my dryer!!! LOL

Doc
Me too, Doc. One of the better reloading "upgrade" purchases I've made.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Me 3. Having a blast trying to find brass to clean.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
He-he, brass screws look nice when tumbled! (don't ask how I know)

Reactions: myflatline

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
dryer sheets taped around powder measuring tools works great

Reactions: mr surveyor

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Used to put one under each seat and the dash, lay a few around the car.

This to get rid of the cigarette stink when I would buy a use car.

Worked great in the summer crank up the windows and leave it all day in the sun it would smell pretty forever after.

Works really great for teenagers rooms too.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I put them in the cabinets of my travel trailer. No musty smell when you open the cabinets up. Lot's of great uses for dryer sheets.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts