Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night a friend of mine left my house about 10:30 in his custom built '48 Willys Rock Crawler Jeep, this jeep was his pride and joy It has took him about 5 years to build this jeep, anyway he left my house got about 2 blocks when a Drunk in a Ford pickup pulled out in front of him, my friend had no chance to react. The colision destroyed the pickup and horribly mutilated the Jeep. The jeep's trans was broke in half the front axle twisted under and the hood and left fender destroyed. The drunk was lucky he wasn't driving his other truck, a 1974 AM General 2-1/2 ton 6x6 military truck that weighs 13,000 lbs the drunk would have been decapitated. It is amazing the stupidity of people today, and I am truly shocked no one was killed. It took us till almost 2 am to get the jeep two blocks back to my house using his 6x6, normally the jeep loads on to the back of the 6x6 but it was so mangled we couldn't get it up so we had to drag it back.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
That sucks..

·
Registered
729 Posts
Some people never learn and they think it will never happen to them. Sad part of it is even if the drunk had insurance it wont pay all the costs to put your buddies Jeep back in the shape it was besides all the time he had invested in it. :?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Your friend might want to explore the legal option, especially if the DD had insurance. He might get some good legal advise from his own insurance company on this.

hog

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The time for the poor guy is a big issue, The DD insurence called him sunday morning and asked what he thought the value of the jeep was, he calculated with parts and labor about $25,000 and the guys insurance did not argue, unfortunatly he will do the labor with the help of me and all the rest of our group and we are all in school right know so y'all can guess what we'll be doing for spring break.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Damn. I hate to hear that, but at least your buddy is okay. Before he signs a wavier and takes a check, does he have any aches or pains now? Get all that shit worked out before signing the other insurance companies dotted line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts