Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shooting sport Target archery Recreation Shooting Archery

Hello Friends--

Here's my 25 yard target from earlier this week. My 10-inch .44 Magnum barrel is still shooting way high. In this case, approximately 7 inches high at 25 yards. As I explained in an earlier post, my rear sight is lowered as low as it can go.

I was shooting Sierra 300 grain JSP bullets with 18.3 grains of 2400 powder. My aim point was 6 o'clock on the bullseye. Several of you disputed my theory of a heavier bullet hitting lower, and ALL of you were right!! The 300 grainer hits higher than the 225 and 240 grainers.

I have a friend who is a machinist. I'm going to ask him to make me a taller front sight blade if he can. But how much higher should I tell him to make the new front sight?

And how do I remove the front blade from the sight? There's a hole in the side of the front sight that appears to have some kind of keeper in it that holds the sight blade in place. If I punch this keeper out, can it be reused with the new sight?

I don't want to scope this barrel. Any info from you would be greatly appreciated!

DRSLYR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.