Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since they made these sites unaccessable at work I haven't been able to stop by much and look around at lunch. Think that is due to a tree huggin manager (not mine even) that complains about me talkin huntin at lunch with a buddy. Well besides that, I had my 880SQ go out on commission for the rest of squirrel season. Had it on a shelf about 5 feet high while I was working on something. The shelf was tilting forward and the gun fell off scope down, hit the floor with all the weight on the front bell of the scope. Bent the tube (I cann't beleive that). Liked that scope and setup. Really killed alot of squirrels with that setup. Just gave a elderly lady that likes squirrel a large whole cooler full. No heads though. I broke out the old Model 60 at least. Still shoots good , got a squirrel in the head from 69 paces this morning with it. Don't understand why some folks have so much trouble with the Model 60. After it warms up after hunting season and after the Holidays I guess I'll be getting another scope and spend hours siteing that one in also. Do miss the 880SQ though but the Model 60 has always been a good releif pitcher. Well till next time Merry Christmas. Hope to check in next week sometime.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Howdy Grizz-

Hope the SQ suffered no further damage. I sometimes visit here from work, but not often. I do most of my posting from home on a cable connection- it adds about 30 bucks a month to my cable t.v. bill. Work is still on dial-up- very slow for posting and browsing images....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Old Grizz,
I can sure sympathize with you! I've not had one fall off a shelf, but I've had guns fall over into another gun. Makes a guy sick when a nice gun gets a ding in it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Good to hear from you Grizz, but real sorry to hear about your rifle. Oh well, you wanted a new scope anyway, right? I'm sure you'll get the SQ back after those squirrels in no time.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Grizz glad your back,, sorry about the rifle, and I hate Tree Huggers.. . I would continue just to piss him off... :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts