1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Circle Shooting sport Recreation Spiral Shooting
Circle Spiral Shooting sport Recreation Precision sports
Metal
I ordered my slings from worldwarsupply.com and they were pretty nice and I am very pleased. They are not period correct. canvas in OD green would have been right but the leather is just too nice. One of them was much more accurate than the other at 100 yards. The target on the left took a little bit to get it in place but it came in nice. The one on the right, not so much. Any thoughts? I am shooting Greek M2 ball ammo from the CMP. All in all, I'm happy, but who wouldn't be getting these two beauties from the CMP :biggrin:?
I have been looking around for replacement prices and the prices are crazy. I sent pics and SN to my insurance guy for him to add them to my policy. I told him to value them at $1300 each. I did this because I keep hearing how the CMP is running low on them and there is no way to know if I did replace them from the CMP that I would get two more in this condition. Does this sound out of line? Thanks for the input I'm sure will be coming, Kevin

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I enjoy the Grand rifles myself. Are yours Remington or National ? They are nice looking rifles. You might try lapping the bolt. There are a lot of things a good gun smith can do for the rifle that has poor performance at the range and it is not all that expensive. You can even glass in the barrel. I would first check the barrel and make sure it is not shot out. Also make sure you have a good crown in the barrel. Best of luck to you.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are both H&Rs with a lot of Springfield parts. Both barrels are bright and shinny. I will check the crown when I get home. Thanks for the input. I hate to sound like an idiot, but what is "lapping the bolt"?
I enjoy the Grand rifles myself. Are yours Remington or National ? They are nice looking rifles. You might try lapping the bolt. There are a lot of things a good gun smith can do for the rifle that has poor performance at the range and it is not all that expensive. You can even glass in the barrel. I would first check the barrel and make sure it is not shot out. Also make sure you have a good crown in the barrel. Best of luck to you.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.