Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I can only imagine why you ask and I'm thankful that I don't. I can say that my wife is plagued by traumatic childhood memories and they come calling nearly every night, I've been woke many times with screams and tears.

God bless you and I hope those dreams subside and you have peace.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
I rarely dream but often don't sleep well due to other issues. Getting older sucks.
As we get older, our physiology changes. Personally, I don't sleep as much as I did when I was younger and MORE ACTIVE. I do sleep soundly when I exercise regularly and try not to worry about things I can't control.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Anchors to the past seem to always remind me they are still there in the quiet of night. When I was very young my parents purchased an older home that had a mischievous poltergeist. I grew up in an environment that was impossible to sleep in. If you can imagine trying to sleep with constant footsteps, noises of all varieties and the occasional shadowy figure in the room with you. Everything a growing child needs for a good nights sleep. My family and I can laugh about it now, but we failed to see the humor in it when we were younger and constantly exhausted from sleep deprivation.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Anybody else have trouble sleeping at night cause of bad dreams??
Bad dreams are the only kind I have any more. And that's assuming I sleep well enough to dream...which doesn't happen often. The heat and humidity this time of year don't help. I'm hoping as we get into September, there will be some cooler, less humid weather more conducive to sleeping.

·
Registered
26,593 Posts
Bad dreams are the only kind I have any more. And that's assuming I sleep well enough to dream...which doesn't happen often. The heat and humidity this time of year don't help. I'm hoping as we get into September, there will be some cooler, less humid weather more conducive to sleeping.
Im sorry to hear this. me because of back pain I dont sleep to good. I know how it can effect you. my uncle used to say GOLDEN YEARS FOOLS GOLD.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
After 33 years of rotating shift work my sleep patterns are totally messed up. Been retired sine 1998 and still have sleep problems. Some nights my brain refuses to shut down and it's sometime 2 or 3 in the morning before I drop off to sleep. With the pile of meds I have to take, I get some weird dreams. Usually nothing unpleasant, just weird. Some I even remember for a short time. Biggest problem is waking up and having to pee 3 or 4 times a night. Even if I don't drink anything after 7PM I have to get up and go. There are nights when I can say, "Sleep? What's that?" Oh, and I usually am up by 6AM.

Paul B.

• Wow
Reactions: cajun56

·
Super Moderator
10,020 Posts
Sleep is six hours max for me! That's about all my mind/body depends on. Susan gets mad at me because I fall asleep so fast! :LOL:

ca'jun56
For me ---no beers 6 hrs sleep, 6 beers 8 hrs sleep, 12 beers 10 hrs sleep, 12+ beers 12+ hrs sleep.

·
Super Moderator
37,221 Posts
After 33 years of rotating shift work my sleep patterns are totally messed up. Been retired sine 1998 and still have sleep problems. Some nights my brain refuses to shut down and it's sometime 2 or 3 in the morning before I drop off to sleep. With the pile of meds I have to take, I get some weird dreams. Usually nothing unpleasant, just weird. Some I even remember for a short time. Biggest problem is waking up and having to pee 3 or 4 times a night. Even if I don't drink anything after 7PM I have to get up and go. There are nights when I can say, "Sleep? What's that?" Oh, and I usually am up by 6AM.

Paul B.
I myself worked rotating shift work for 34 years! Took the money they offered me to leave company and ran February 4th 2014! Haven't looked back one bit! I'm my own boss doing what makes me money!
I have not one problem falling asleep, but it's only six hours. Which is fine with my body.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For me ---no beers 6 hrs sleep, 6 beers 8 hrs sleep, 12 beers 10 hrs sleep, 12+ beers 12+ hrs sleep.
Kinda works like that for me to except I got to get up about every 3-4 hours to pee already without the beer. With 8 -10 beers more like every 1 1/2 -2 hours.
When I have one of those dreams like I had a few days ago didn't have no beer and was afraid to go back to sleep for fear of resuming that dream so my day that day started at 0230.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I had those flashback dreams for years, bad enough my wife moved to another bedroom so she could sleep without fear of being hit or waking to screams. If you are going to the VA check with your provider about prazosin hcl. This slowed my dreaming to almost nonexistent. Its been 50 years and I can stay in the bed and not wake up against a wall or on the floor, much less shouting and fighting. I have a very patient and Christian wife who stayed the course with me and between the two I am doing much better. 49 years this October 31. trick or treat...

·
Registered
242 Posts

Paul B.
Either prostate or retaining fluids.

I retain fluids during the day.
Mental stress
Physical stress “including heat stress”
Salt or salt products

All make you retain water/liquid and when you go to sleep and relax the body is able to rid itself of these excess fluids.

If you have hypertension it just adds to the problem.

Take a water pill about 5 , that may help reduce retaining fluids before you go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts