Yeah, I'm bud's with them on facebook..
I was hoping it might get me a discount coupon on a lever.. :-\

That's a nice looking rifle!!!
It's not even a marlin!!!
100 percent DRC!!! 8)

·
Registered
613 Posts
That is a sweet gun and Dave is as cordial as he is talented! Love to have one but don't know what I would do with all my 45-70s. :) ;) :D

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
jnicol6600 said:
I'd love to have one of those in 500 s&w but I'll have to wait for 2500 :'(

Yeah......you and me both! I've been eyeballing them too and requested some info on it.

I didn't see any front D&T'd holes for mounting a scope though......

·
Registered
188 Posts
Those look like great guns, and I was going to order a lever from them for my Brockman, but can't get anyone to return my calls. Called twice on Monday, was going to order new site post and aperatures for my DRC rear sight and a new lever. Talked to a guy twice, gave him all the info, he said Dave was gonna be there that afternoon to talk about stuff and he would call me then. Never heard back, so I ordered sights and stuff from Brownells today. I'll get Brockman's lever I guess. Bummer, I really wanted their stuff.

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
Well Digger thats bad news! I was going to order a lever also. This phone tag with Dave has been going on for some time now! ::) I wonder if buying one of his guns would be that hard? ??? C'mon Mr Clay I mean after all you are advertising to sell this stuff! ::)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Great looking lever-guns in some interesting calibers. Anybody know which of their caliber choices (454 Casull, .500 S&W, .475 Linebaugh, .500 Linebaugh, .460 S&W, .480 Ruger) would be the flattest shooting and how it would compare to the 45-70 ballistics?

·
Super Moderator
9,347 Posts
Looks like a pretty "meaty" rifle. Wonder how the weight adds up compared to a similar model Marlin.

I'll just sit and drool since $2500 is not an option at this time.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Are all of those pistol cartridges? Make a good defensive rifle.
"fk"

·
Registered
992 Posts
I ordered a DRC lever a few weeks back and had no trouble getting mine. Greg Self is the president and he sent me his card in case I had trouble installing the lever.Greg's e-mail is [email protected] and his mobile is (817)706-3136. He was very friendly and we spoke briefly about his levergun in 454 casull they are making

·
Registered
188 Posts
dave4570 said:
I ordered a DRC lever a few weeks back and had no trouble getting mine. Greg Self is the president and he sent me his card in case I had trouble installing the lever.Greg's e-mail is [email protected] and his mobile is (817)706-3136. He was very friendly and we spoke briefly about his levergun in 454 casull they are making
That's awesome, I'm glad it worked out for you. I spoke with him twice on the phone and he never got back to me, go figure. Oh well, I got my apertures and posts from Brownells and Brockman and they work great. Big difference in the "precision" dept. I just need to get a lever from someone and I ordered the saddle ring safety conversion from Beartooth, and then I think I'm done with this gun.

·
Registered
188 Posts
DOGMAN said:
I have a few Ruger mini 14's customized by David clay and he's great. Couldn't be happier.
Not trying to turn this into something, just thought I would mention it. His work is impeccable from all I've heard, it's just frustrating to want something and not be able to get service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Make mine a 45-70. I might have to consider a future build. Great looking rifles. I think that man is filling a big hole in the levergun market

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.