Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 29'' draw if my bow I am getting says 45# @ 28'' to get my 29'' do I take a few twist out of the string or just pull it back to 29'' and pull more weight.

·
Premium Member
5,418 Posts
I don't know about unwinding the string to increase the draw length from 28" to 29", but it is possible to add a "String Loop" to maintain your anchor points as if the bow had a 29" draw.
A google search for "bow string loop" should find some.

·
Registered
171 Posts
29" with a compound or true 29" with the recurve?

Most folks generally draw their trad bows an inch or two shorter than a compound.

If it's a true 29" with the trad bow, just jerk it back to 29" and figure it draws 47#-48#. I draw all of my bows to 30 1/2", nice thing about trad bows is you can stretch em till they fit. ;)

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
ClintV said:
29" with a compound or true 29" with the recurve?

Most folks generally draw their trad bows an inch or two shorter than a compound.

If it's a true 29" with the trad bow, just jerk it back to 29" and figure it draws 47#-48#. I draw all of my bows to 30 1/2", nice thing about trad bows is you can stretch em till they fit. ;)
That's what I was about to say. As far twisting the string I believe that is how one sets the brace height of a trad bow.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I have 29'' to 29 1/2 on different compounds so should be just fine the way it is.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Set your brace height to the recomended distance for you bow by twistin or untwistin the string. You should have no problem if you draw 29".
The 28"@ whatever pounds is just ah standard way of comparin bows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts