Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
29,129 Posts
I will not tip tow around you! I will not bow down to you! Why were they demanding her to apologize to her 15 year old daughter who was showing her ugliness to the pregnant women! Did she have the right to brandish gun? Didn't the two threaten them with physical harm?

Glad I wasn't there!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just from what I could hear and see on the video it looked like they were definitely looking for trouble with someone who just happened to be white, but I don't think her life was in danger at any time. Pointing a gun at someone you don't intend to kill is just generally a bad idea. They should have just got in the car and driven away. Pulling a gun, for me anyway, would only be a last resort when I could not escape certain injury or death. If the gun has to come out, it's should be firing as soon as it clears the holster, otherwise, don't pull it.
In my opinion, the lady just needed a punch in the nose for having bad manners, and raising her kid to be just as stupid as she is...but, you can't break someone's nose if your carrying a gun either, lol..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe so. The Wuestenbergs were driving away, when the back of their vehicle was “slapped” by Ms Hill. Mrs Wuestenberg then exited the vehicle, I assume to check for damage to the vehicle or pedestrian, then was accosted again. Mrs. Hill had already made verbal threats to “beat yo white a—“ to both of the Wuestenbergs. So, vehicle was potentially damaged, bodily harm was threatened, and if the vehicle HAD struck someone whilst backing up, driving away without checking would be hit and run.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just from what I could hear and see on the video it looked like they were definitely looking for trouble with someone who just happened to be white, but I don't think her life was in danger at any time. Pointing a gun at someone you don't intend to kill is just generally a bad idea. They should have just got in the car and driven away. Pulling a gun, for me anyway, would only be a last resort when I could not escape certain injury or death. If the gun has to come out, it's should be firing as soon as it clears the holster, otherwise, don't pull it.
In my opinion, the lady just needed a punch in the nose for having bad manners, and raising her kid to be just as stupid as she is...but, you can't break someone's nose if your carrying a gun either, lol..
Hang on.. your disease is getting worse, America... So this all comes from someone accidentally 'bumping' someone... an acceleration to anger by the mother the the girl 'bumped'... what does someone's entitlement... calling someone 'white' isn't racist?? Abusing someone because their white? Bloody hell, you lot have got some serious issues!!! More information needed... the escalator seems to be the mother of the two girls... .

Sorry, to answer the original question... I would have thought, unless you are in danger, that pulling a gun on someone is a tad extreme... even when dealing with entitled, racist, dropkicks... (no matter their skin tone).

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Having lived in many states, I've attended many CCW classes and hold licenses in five of them. If your state doesn't require a class... take one anyway. The question you need to ask yourself before brandishing your firearm is... "Do I have to do this?" In a life or death situation, the answer will be quick and obvious. In a case like this, asking that question will save you a lot of misery.
Emotions run high at times and you may think you're justified to "assault" someone with a firearm when actually the situation doesn't legally meet the standard for your actions. You'll be breaking a state law and suffer the penalties as a result. This couple is realizing that now.
Would I have brandished my weapon in this case... obviously not. That answer is based on the training I've received over the many years as a CCW holder. Their proper course of action would to have been to just drive away or call the police.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I will have to say I definitely would not have pulled a firearm. they were safe in there car they should have drove off or called 911 you have to be sure you are justified! I am on there side but I think they will loose this one. especially with all the entitled black folk nowadays! but I like the points "rednecknavajo" brings up. they hear a loud thump! they got out and checked to see if they had hit someone, that would be a lawful and right thing to do. then they were followed and threatened again while trying to get away.

another point I want to bring up is I have saw many videos of cops brandishing there guns at unarmed citizens for a lot less than these thugs did to these people! and cops are never charged for that so why should these people be? not picking on police officers but I do not see where they have anymore legal right to stick a gun in a persons face than a frightened civilian dose! so if I were them that would definitely be put out there. this is a perfect example why not to talk to police if arrested. remember "anything you say can and will be used against you" if you get arrested KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! you never help yourself by talking!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
does she have the "right" to. Probably not. But in this heightened atmosphere we live in whenever race gets brought up bad things usually happen. The black lady kept on at them right next to the car while they were backing up. If they didn't stop maybe she would have been run over. I really have no problem with what she did.

·
Super Moderator
23,559 Posts
I don't know....
The problem I have in particular with this one is the video only
shows one perspective. IOW we don't see the whole thing.
I have to assume that it was shot by the Lady who was verbally assaulting
the pregnant woman.
If so, its pretty obvious she was pretty close.

There is no question that threats were hurled and violence was threatened.
I believe i saw the black lady reach into the car at one point.

What is going to be against her is her husband went around and got her
in the car safely. They could have left at that point.
But for some reason he didn't drive away, and not only that, but she rolled
the window down, allowing the thing to continue.
Then got back out again.
I fully agree with the post about the lady slapping the car...im just not sure
if it will help her.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
As a conceiled carrier I would not have pulled a firearm in this case and exited the area as quickly as possible. Clearly the agressor was the mother and her teenage daughters and their behavior was provacative and frankly the mother appears to be baiting the couple. The possibility of physical harm by the mother and her daughters or any minor property damage, in my mind, does not meet the threshold of "grave bodily harm" to the pregnant woman and her husband. Getting embroiled into the emotional rhetoric with the mother and her daughters was a mistake and resulted in two apparently average people facing a long legal battle and very possibly felony charges that will stay with them the remainder of their life.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Problem with a firearm is that it is good for one thing. Whether pulled by a police officer or civilian, it is only effective if you intend to shoot it. It makes a poor club compared to other weapons and is only good for shooting. I have seen police videos where that was the problem. They had a gun in hand and things were not really going the way they wanted so they got in trouble because now that a gun was in hand they shot it. No alternative was at hand. The old night stick in trained hands was pretty handy but probably not used as much today due to "excessive force" issues, but I have talked to some officers that were trained in them and used them as deterrents. Hard to explain exactly, but a firearm is not always a good deterrent. I decided that carrying a firearm might be more of a problem than its worth based on my past experience so I do not. I have home protection guns but do not carry in public. This is an example of why. It can be tempting to get mad and pull one out when it really is not a good idea. Once in the car they could have driven off. Or as suggested called 911.

DEP

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not sure if she had the right, some states have a 'stand your ground ' law but in any case I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
She lost the stand your ground defense the minute she opened the window and verbally re-engaged, by Virginia law anyway. The couple were safely inside a powerful weapon, they should have driven a safe distance away to check for damage while keeping the chipotle parking lot under surveillance in case they needed police assistance with damage charges. Stand your ground law varies by locality, so know your applicable laws. Sometimes you need a little common sense.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Not sure I agree with the concept of safe in your car. Ask people who have been shot at in their vehicles during riots

·
Banned
130 Posts
My understanding and I could be wrong, but I swear that I read it on a website when this first happened was that the black lady's husband is a Detroit LEO. It also stated that he was on his way there when this happened. I'm looking for the article.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts