Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the world of modern big bores!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Great find Kevin336. I know you have been looking for one. Let the shootin begin. They put a smile on your face when you drop the hammer. Then start loading some heavy hard cast.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
It looks good and the picture goes right side up when you click it and open it.
Is it ballard or microgroove?

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
As said, she will out a grin on your face when you touch her off. Congrats to you on your great find! DP

Reactions: dubhhawk

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. It's a 2007. Near perfect condition. It has the Ballard rifling. Can't wait to slap a scope on it and get to work.

The ffl dealer I received it from has 6 boxes of remington soft point ammo for $25 a box. I think I probably ought to pick those up as well....

·
Registered
10,612 Posts
Very nice lookin. And yes thats a good price on the ammo, let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Thanks. It's a 2007. Near perfect condition. It has the Ballard rifling. Can't wait to slap a scope on it and get to work.

The ffl dealer I received it from has 6 boxes of remington soft point ammo for $25 a box. I think I probably ought to pick those up as well....
The Remington 240s at $25 a box is a good deal, although not my favorite they are a good deer load and the brass is a good candidate to reload with Beartooths 290s.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Yeah, just the brass is getting to be that much!

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts

Congrats on the rifle and as far as the ammo goes you had better grab it. The Remington 240gr is going for over $40 a box around here! :shot:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Remington 240s at $25 a box is a good deal, although not my favorite they are a good deer load and the brass is a good candidate to reload with Beartooths 290s.
. I thought about buying it just for the brass if for anything and I bet they are good deer and hog medicine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What scope are you going with? If any?
It will probably be my nikon buck masters 3x9 that is on my coyote rifle to start. Once I get comfortable with the gun as a dedicated do all gun (always my intention, I'm not really a collector) I will take my nikon monarch off of my 30-06 which is really only used for special occasion big game hunts as it was my grandfathers rifle and I use it to collect new species on principle.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Nice one! :congrats:I'm getting 444 fever real bad!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts