Marlin Firearms Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
Idk, perhaps a double bladed battle axe? @mr surveyor give us a breakdown of what you carry on you daily

well, I'll admit, I don't carry or even wear DEPENDS.

I've carried stuff in my pockets since I was a little kid, including pocket knives by the time I was 6. I don't carry a ball of string, or an emergency fishing set-up on a piece of cardboard ... or even a polished rock and rabbit's foot anymore.

Normal everyday is three different pocket knives (different purposes), two sets of keys (don't ever want to lock myself out again), couple dollars in change, belt multi-tool, billfold, bandana, card holder, the day's side arm, one reload, cell phone, pens and or pencil and eraser. That's just my "not in the field as a surveyor" carry. "Field days" can require another 5-6 pounds more "stuff" either on the belt on in the pockets ... and that's not counting the 20 pounds of instruments I end up having to tote on jobs. But my everyday, usual, carry only adds another 5 pounds +/- anyway. Very accustomed to it though.

jd

In my lawman days I had a library of goodies. A .25 acp in my pocket, an extra hidden handcuff key in case I was cuffed by the bad guy, a disguised as a pen that drops open a hardened steel spike dagger, an extra pair of cuffs - Can anyone else some more goodies??

AC

well, a lot of years ago when I was a fireman/emergency services guy, I always carried a spring loaded center punch for "opening" side windows on vehicles.

For a time during really cold weather, I carried a small magnifying glass in my watch pocket for a fire starter on sunny days and a Bic lighter for "not sunny" times. I have started fires though the old fashioned way with a boot lace, a bent green stick for a bow and a fairly straight dry stick for a "drill". I still carry the boot laces (on what I normally wear), so I guess that can be added to my 6 day a week carry.

jd

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.