Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Never owned a Randle. But a friends father collected them years ago and he has a trunk full of them 8)
I'll have to remain content with Marble's :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have used Randalls for more than 30+ years with extreme pleasure they have stood the test of use and time. (#1, #3....wife has a#27... son #3, #5)

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have three,
a Number One fighter
a Number 8 Bird and Trout
and a Number 11 Alaskan Skinner

I use the 8 and 11 often, but have never really used the Number One.
I bought three of these #1s back in 1965, kept one, and gave the other two knives, along with a Model 19 S&W to each of my brothers, on their shipping out to Viet Nam. Both came back without a scratch, and with their Randalls and Combat Magnums. :lol:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have a Model 25 "Trapper" that I gave to a friend and I've got two more on order: a Model 8 Bird & Trout with a few extras and a Model 27 Trail Blazer. SUPER Values as far as knives go that's for sure ! !

·
Premium Member
11,069 Posts
I have (2) Randalls now, a Model 14 Attack,carbon steel with the border patrol handle, this knife you can shave with! ....and a Model 21 "Little Game" that is like a scapel in the woods.
I previously owned a Randall GTR Special, but the blade was too thick for my tastes, and I also had a Randall Model 10 3" SS blade. I sold both of these some years back.
Randalls are good values,as they only appreciate in value with time. I'd buy more just as an investment.
I purchased ali the above in the "orange grove" on trips to Orlando.

Tomray
NRA LIFE

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a number 7 from the late sixties that was made for my Father.

I also have model 23 on order and will be receiving it in March of 2008.

Randall makes a great knife but the 5 year back log is kind of tough to deal with :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 2 here at home and my son has 1, I have a #1 "All Purpose Fighting Knife" and a Gold Micarta Special Fighter or Attack (I forget and can't tell the difference by photo).

I gave my Black Micarta Special Fighter to my son when he deployed to Iraq and then I went on a quest for a replacement which ended with the ones I have now. I carried the old one on elk, moose and bear hunts for a few years but these new ones are still safe queens at present.

·
Registered
6 Posts
randall

hi, my fishing buddy just got back from fla.yesterday and he was telling me that he stop in at the randall co. they told him they are a 5 year waiting list. they must be a hellof a knife.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For all the 'HYPE'of the "new" super steels and methods. The boys in FLA. are doing OK using that old out-dated o1. It's all kinda like HD's isn't it?

I've been carying the same M1-7 for almost 40 years. :D :D
Dan

·
Registered
108 Posts
O-1 is great steel, as long as you take care of it it will take care of you. I have often looked at my Randal catalog, I really like the 19, but in the end they are just too much money to buy right now. I f you have the time and patients you can order one at a reasonable price and wait five years. Plus, if you get one you know it is not going to go down in value, even if you use it, so they are a decent investment. To top it all off, you are buying a piece of American knife making history. But alas, to go to ebay or a supplier and buy one off of the shelf so to speak is going to set you back over five bills at least and for that I could easily find the 444P that I want . . . or maybe that new 308 Express . . . or then there is the 1894 in 45 colt and a single action revolver to match . . . or maybe . . . .

·
Registered
108 Posts
Oh yeah, if you like the looks of the Randal knives and want a very good quality (top notch) copy take a look at www.martinknives.com at their MR series. You can pick the steel and go with good ol' trusty O-1 or S30V or 154cm or ask as they may have more choices.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I have a Mod 15 Airman and would not get rid of it for anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a meager collection of three Randalls right now. On the left is a Model 16 dive knife with a Model 1 double brass hilt. On the right is a Model 14 with a carbon blade. In the center is a Model 10-3 with red micarta handles. I use the Model 16 when I am out on the kayak. The Model 14 is my "Outback" knife when I am checking fences at the ranch. The Model 10-3 makes a great every day utility knife:

I have two more Randalls coming. The first is a Model 12-9 Bowie with a Model 14 blade grind. It should be here in a couple of weeks. The other one is a custom Model 5 with a Model 1 double brass hilt, wrist thong hole and brass trimmings. That one won't be here until 2011!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Just one right now....Model 14 "Attack" knife. I will never part with this one.
I have 3 on order, all model 27's "Trailblazer" One for me and the other two for both of my boys.

My Model 14 (not the best pic)

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Mic,

Thanks for the great pictures! I wouldn't mind having one Randall of my own, I've just not seen one yet that has caught my eye.

Jesse

1 - 20 of 36 Posts