Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Model 37 .22 cal slide action rifle. It appears to be in good condition but was missing 3 parts. I found 2 of the missing parts at Numrich but have been unable to find the third; the locking bolt plunger screw. I am still looking for this screw or possibly I can find a source to make a replacement. I am hoping to find someone who owns this rifle who will have a gunsmith make a duplicate screw for me. Please help! Any advice is welcomed.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Hello and welcome to MO.

I just took a look at mine,man that thing is tiny.I don't have any way to gauge it and don't know anybody local that does,but I'll dig through my "tiny screw"box and see if I have one with the proper thread.Maybe something from an old american made rifle scope will be right.

Don't count on me.Keep looking.

But I will try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks. I am willing to try almost anything at this point. I am trying to have the rifle in operating condition by May when I head back to KY for the summer, if at all possible. My email address is [email protected] in case you want to contact me off the forum. Again, thanks for your reply and offer. I will also keep looking as you suggested. If I find another source I would still like to pursue any you may find. Apparently it can't hurt to have a spare.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Take a piece of similarly sized plastic and screw it into the hole...
so that it leaves a thread pattern...take that piece of plastic to
an Ace Hardware store and they'll help you find a match :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts