Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i got my 336c today and was just wondering if it is really neccesary to send in the warranty card or not. In other words do i need to send it in to be covered. I have never sent any of them in in the past. Always looks like just a way to send me junkmail, lol.

Am pretty happy with the gun so far. wood to metal fit is not as good as my brothers 1988 model. but other than that it looks good. I installed a williams 5D reciever site and am ready to head to the range asap. If i can get some time on a warmer day.

Dan.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I have never got junk mail from MFC .. I send them in in envelope so no one can see the numbers..

Hopefull someday we can just do it secure online ..

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I talked to Marlin about a month ago after getting my 366W from walmart and they said that there is no need to send anything in. The dealer that sold you the gun should notify them and you would be in the database. regardless. give them a call and ask. Will not hurt.

Mad

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I have had Marlin send me a survey about the type of guns I'd like to see offered, but no junk mail. I believe they got my info from the warranty card I'd returned. BTW, the XLR does appear pretty close to what I had requested on that survey. I'd wanted a full length mag tube on it though.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Jayhawker said:
I have had Marlin send me a survey about the type of guns I'd like to see offered, but no junk mail. I believe they got my info from the warranty card I'd returned. BTW, the XLR does appear pretty close to what I had requested on that survey. I'd wanted a full length mag tube on it though.
As accurate as the xlr's are it could have been single shot .. you will only need one.. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Jayhawker said:
Soo, that answers the question I posted in "What's the story behind the XLR's" :lol:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Works for me.. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I'd say it's just a happy coincidence more than anything else. I'd love to think I have that much influence at Marlin even for a short while. Come to think of it, I did get my pistol gripped 44 mag I asked for too, but they are out of the lineup now. But, thank you Marlin because I got mine!

It seems like the XLRs are pretty close to what most asked for some time back when Diane (?) queried us on another forum (MT?). She said she was connected with Marlin, or her husband was, and asked what we consumers would like to see. Responses ranged from more stainless to better finishing. I know some questioned her motives at the time, but it would appear that she did have some influence and listened to us. I'd credit the XLR to her efforts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts