Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I have two 1894's that both measure 10lbs on their trigger pull weights. Crazy aint it!? I used a redding pull guage. I performed Swany's tutorial for heavy triggers(Thank you Mr. Swany) and ended up with a 7# trigger pull. Much better but not light enough. Shooting for 4#. I used medium(280) to extrafine stones (600 and 1000). Pull is much smoother and less creep. I know I am most likely just getting the angle wrong due to my poor eyesight(going to eye DR. next week). Am also going to hobby shop to get magnifiers, vise, spot light and such to help with this and other future projects. But back to my Title question: If I have to make several attempts to get the angle right, will I lose the hardened surface on the sear or does this surface actually even exist? Out of all of yuse guys that shoot a lot that have modified the sear surface: Have you had any issues with premature wear or other issues. Please let us know about your experience! Thanks! Hope to hear from you!

·
Banned
217 Posts
I have wondered this. I follow S&W more, just a hack. But many think that when they converted to MIM in the 90s you had to be careful or should not stone or file parts. MIM used on many things these days, probably Marlin, but I dont follow enough,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts