Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by the serial number she is a 1st year 1948 336 in 30-30. has a broken repair on the stock, with a bolt thru it. pretty well done, but still noticeable. 200 bucks, been on the shelf for over a year, but they won't budge on the price....cabelas sells replacement butt stocks for 64bucks,,,,,,,what to do? :?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, do you want it?

I just bought a 1948 336 30/30 for $325 but it is in like new condition. $200 for a piece of history is not that much I don't think. Maybe you can search around and find an original stock for this one.

·
Registered
482 Posts
My 336A is also from 1948. It has a good sized chip at the toe and an old Red Head recoil pad installed. Also too many sight base holes in the wrong places. Paid 218.00 out the door and feel like it has been some of my best gun money ever spent.

If you want and can afford it, based on the condition it sounds like it is in you shouldn't have any trouble getting your base price back.

B.

·
Registered
356 Posts
For $200 why wouldn't you buy it and shoot it until you need to replace the stock - I assume that this is going to be a shooter, one can always view the repair as "character".

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aaaww......pass.

:oops: i have 'other fish to fry'.....this is too high of a price to keep or make money on i found out.......so i'll pass, it'll probably be therer next year anyway! :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Hey kaintuck -
Other than the busted stock, what was the overall condition? Bluing ok?

Shum8

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shum....

no shum....she has been a hunter......carried alot...blue/silvering.....well used, but someone must of fell outta the tree stand with her sometime.....
i have spent my "allowance" already on a dandy model 18...
i would tell you where she's at, but the shop won't ship guns...mom an pop place, and they are scared to do any shipping....besides, i found out there are better priced 36's out there! :wink:
he bought it at too high of a price.....and now it's his forever!!!!!! :roll:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I think you're right to wait around for better. I got my 336 from a private party for 200 and it's real nice and had a Bushnell 3x9 on it (that I promptly took off...probably get 30 bucks for that someday). Look around and keep your ears to the ground....you'll do much better than that, Sir.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts