Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching for a speed loader, and only coming up with $25-$30 options, I decided to make my own. This is very simple, and effective.

What you need:
• 1 Pilot Precise Pen Cap
• Needle nose pliers
• Wire cutters, or tin snips (Optional)

Step 1: Break Metal clip off of pen cap
Step 2: Bend clip so it is flat
Step 3: Now, on the bottom of the clip, where there is a hole, you will cut off half way through the hole. Either bend back and forth with the pliers, or use the wire cutters to cut.
Step 4: Bend top out for your thumb to push down on.

Speedloader.png

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use a piece of stainless rib from an old wiper blade, but that is a viable option too. Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use a piece of stainless rib from an old wiper blade, but that is a viable option too. Thanks!
Do you have a picture of yours? I have some old wiper blades laying around.

·
Registered
70 Posts
After searching for a speed loader, and only coming up with $25-$30 options, I decided to make my own. This is very simple, and effective.

What you need:
• 1 Pilot Precise Pen Cap
• Needle nose pliers
• Wire cutters, or tin snips (Optional)

Step 1: Break Metal clip off of pen cap
Step 2: Bend clip so it is flat
Step 3: Now, on the bottom of the clip, where there is a hole, you will cut off half way through the hole. Either bend back and forth with the pliers, or use the wire cutters to cut.
Step 4: Bend top out for your thumb to push down on.

View attachment 418858

YouTube video is MIA. Will you repost it please?

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is similar to the windshield wiper option - I used 1/4" flat stock from the hardware store about 9" long
IMG_0177.JPG IMG_0178.JPG IMG_0180.JPG
I cut/ground the u-shaped "loading notch" in one end and fit the hand hold to suit me.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Some pretty good ideas.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you have a picture of yours? I have some old wiper blades laying around.

I filed a grove in the end and measured how long (with the mag full), then bent it to a 90. Drilled some small holes in the part where the handle was going and carved a groove. Some wood glue and a clamp and you get what you see here. I also made a holder for the mag to make it easier for my Son to use. Really soft wood like bass i think?
20170308_205125.jpg 20170308_205038.jpg 20170308_204743.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts