Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 1894 with the action totally taken apart on my work table. I want to take the forearm and magazine off. HOw are they connected to the reciever???? It seems like they should just fall off now but the don't. Any help would really, really be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
Taking the action apart won't let you take the magazine and forearm off. Neither are conected directly to the receiver. Do you have a rifle or a carbine? If a rifle remove the screw at the end of the magazine that screws into the barrel. Next remove the screws on each side of the forend cap. This should allow the forarm and magazine to drop off. On a carbine you have to remove the barrel band screws. Then slide the rear barrel band forward being carefull not to mar the bluing. You should be able to slide out the magazine tube and then drop the forarm. Parley

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
As Parley Bear says, You may also have to pry down on the front of the tube, & once it clears pull forward. Hold your thumb over the end so it doesn`t fly off (depends on the type of gun) I always put a piece of black tape over it for that reason. When you pull the feeding tube out of the action watch the spring doesn`t send the follower flying. :shock: 444

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
hrminer92 said:
is the 1895 much different?
A little bit as there is no barrel band at the front. Take out the screw under the mag tube, holding your thumb so the mag cap doesn't fly out, remove the cap and spring, then do as with the 1894. Don't lose the little dovetail piece that is in the barrel....Jake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts