Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to clean a new 1895 sbl. I have removed the magazine tube plug screw but can not get the plug out. Not even enough of a gap to insert a knife blade and I am paranoid about gouging the tube or plug. Anybody have any tricks for getting this out.

Thanks,

Padraig

·
Registered
856 Posts
Love the Gunworks videos. Wish he had more!

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it. The booklet neglects that part. More QA problems for Marlin. LOL, better the manual then the rifle!

Got everything else clean and lubed, all looks good. So far I am pleased with the quality. Wood to metal fit is very good with minimal and consistent gap. Action seems good, trigger has a nice break but to me a tad heavy. May have to do something about that No scratches and finish is good although too bright for my taste. I have a friend and fellow shooter with a machine shop and sand blast set up. I may have him glass bead (blast) it and have a nice satin finish. If it functions and shoots as well as it looks....I will be a happy camper.

Will get some pics posted tomorrow.

Thanks all!

Padraig

·
Registered
957 Posts
If you bead blast it find someone that does KG GunKote. It's a spray on bake dry system that was designed for the US Navy seals. They have all their gear coated with it. My friend did mine after I got on my 1895 knocking down burs and sharp edges. I love it. https://www.kgcoatings.com/gun-kote-finish

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.