Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had in mind a day at the range today. However, as usual, the wind is a bit breezy. In fact it's down right disGusting.......15 mph with Gusts to 25 mph. DisGUSTING. ..:(

I suppose it could be worse. Last week we had GUST to 55 mph....:ahhhhh:

JB

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The dingers are harder to hit when the wind blows them into the horizontal position. This is problematic to me. The wind is not our friend! Steve

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
JB,

Sorry about the wind. I thought things were suppose to settle down for you folks and us today. I was planning on shooting this afternoon. I will probably shoot wind or no wind. I will just change my objective from accuracy to stress relief. :biggrin:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not a good range day here in NW Florida either. East winds currently 14 gusting to 20 with severe thunderstorms approaching the area within the hour!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey Guys… Look on the bright side. The wind is always a good excuse.
"I didn't shoot a good group because the wind was so gusty"…or
"I didn't shoot a good group because I'm so used to the wind blowing and now it's not blowing".
The wind is ALWAYS a good excuse!!!

Reactions: Shenandoah

·
Registered
423 Posts

I had in mind a day at the range today. However, as usual, the wind is a bit breezy. In fact it's down right disGusting.......15 mph with Gusts to 25 mph. DisGUSTING. ..:(

JB
Yes, same here, but 26 deg and snow to go with it. Griff (my pointing Griffon) and I were pheasant hunting. We (and my Browning A5) slayed them!

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

JB

Jim, you should have been at my place yesterday..............we had 38mph winds. Don't have to worry about bullets being thrown off-target because it was too windy to even allow loading!
Don't have any idea what the gusts were!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I just saw the radar for the SE. You folks in northern FL need to keep a wary eye. That one has some nasty spots. Be safe.

·
Registered
423 Posts
My dream for a long time was to move to a state that doesn't have wind or Democrats. Unfortunately, no such place exists.
You betcha, you got a lot a democrats in Wisconsin...

I was born and raised there and then came to Colorado in 81. Now Colorado has all the democrats! But at least you have Walker and you should be proud!

Wow, I guess that took this thread down a hole.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
My dream for a long time was to move to a state that doesn't have wind or Democrats. Unfortunately, no such place exists.
I'd rather deal with the wind than the democrats. The wind can vary, democrats just get worse.

Nicer days are around the corner, Jim. Hang in there, Brother.

·
Premium Member
7,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Not so, those nurses belong to Wind........he locks them in the closet when I come around, claim he doesn't want hand prints all over them......their white uniforms. They could simply take the uniforms off....but Noooooo....

Wait, let me rephrase that,..........Help.... Where is Fernando when he is needed :questionmark:

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts

Go to 2:15 on the video.

I can't be helping you like this all the time JB. I've got things to do too ya know. :damnmate:

Jeff

·
Registered
348 Posts
Shucks if messing up my shooting & fishing was all the wind was doing to my place I'd be one happy camper----had to replace bunch of shingles on roof --week or so later it put down a big ole Bradford pear tree --got that cut up& hauled off yard cleaned up----week later it put another one down---got it cut up & hauled off---running around now with crossed fingers & holding my breath--hopeing spring is here & things gonna get nice!!!!!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts

JB
I tried to sight in my Henry rifle yesterday and had to give up, wind was gusting to 35 mph blowing over my target frame even though I put four bricks on the legs and a piece of tree limb. The wind and cold has been ridiculous here in Georgia.......worst I've seen in 30 years. :dontknow:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I tried to sight in my Henry rifle yesterday and had to give up, wind was gusting to 35 mph blowing over my target frame even though I put four bricks on the legs and a piece of tree limb. The wind and cold has been ridiculous here in Georgia.......worst I've seen in 30 years. :dontknow:
Was it one of those nice new Henry 44-40's?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

Not so, those nurses belong to Wind........he locks them in the closet when I come around, claim he doesn't want hand prints all over them......their white uniforms. They could simply take the uniforms off....but Noooooo....

Wait, let me rephrase that,..........Help.... Where is Fernando when he is needed :questionmark:
Yup ,one of my favorite flics,especially the ending!!!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts

JB
JB,
I know we are the Hyphenators (hey, I like that almost as much as 'enabler'). That would look way cool on a cap!
But with wind like that, isn't it time to bring out the .50 caliber piece? :hmmmm:

John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts