Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whistlepig, groundhog, etc. Who needs a Marlin? Next we'll be bear hunting with a switch. ;D

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Can't beat a good terrier. And as far as different kinds of hogs, we got two kinds here, live ones and dead ones. ;D

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
Is that an Airedale? My favorite dog EVER. Not the brightest bulb on the tree most of the time, but tough, fearless, and loyal to a fault.

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
papajohn said:
Is that an Airedale? My favorite dog EVER. Not the brightest bulb on the tree most of the time, but tough, fearless, and loyal to a fault.
Yep, and this one is pretty smart. I've had a couple and they can be very "mission-focused."

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
I grew up with a German Shepard, who was eventually replaced by an Airedale I loved dearly. She was goofy and loved to play, but if the doorbell rang or a trash truck rumbled by she went to DefCon Five and barked until she was hoarse. The delivery guys and the garbage collectors were terrified of her, but she was a cupcake around us. When my Mom told me Airedales were used to hunt bears and cougars I was pretty sure she was full of it. Turned out she was right. When they get game in their sights they're pretty hard to distract. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Great dogs. A dog I adopted for my father in law actually killed a badger. Not sure how she did it, cause i've seen them run over and run off like nothing happened...

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
When I was dating my wife, her family had abig Airedale named "Bob". He killed every cottonmouth and copperhead in the yard, and stole a few roasts/turkeys off the dinner table! ha. He was a funny character. Only time I saw him "demure" was when her brother brought a baby skunk in the house and it sprayed him but good! ha.
On TV other day, I saw some kind of Terrier jump out of the boat and grab a small shark by the head ( they were in shallow water, fishing and brought the shark up to the boat) and drug him to the bank! Our liitle Teddy Bear Pom is scared of her own "doo-doo" pains, ha! She is a good barker if someone comes up to the house, but too deep of a sleeper to make a good night-watchdog!

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need to know the ancestry of your Airedales. Many are just brainless show dogs. I looked long and hard to find a breeder with hunting dogs. Different animal, all together.

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
black coyote said:
Hey Preacher, are you sure old BOB wasn't a preacher too? I mean, he was killin that old serpent and eatin bird. Just saying.
Could have been, he sure sure liked "Fried Chicken"! ha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts