Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been reading a lot here on MO on the .444 and I have some questions about the different models out there.

I just read in Brophy about the Model 444, 444S, and 444SS, but I've also read here about the .444P and the .444 All American. Are there any others? An XLR maybe? :hmmmm:

Can you guys list out the different .444 models and their attributes kind of like what we have in the 336 thread? (http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/marlin-years-manufacture/31126-list-336-model-differences.html)

I'm thinking my 1895M and my three 336's need a brother but I'm not sure exactly what's out there or which one I want. I'm really into short, light, quick handling rifles for hunting deer and black bear here in PA and maybe hunting hogs down south. Ammo availability doesn't really concern me since I just set up my second reloading press. I do realize how hard powder is to come by these days though.

Thanks.

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info everyone.

'OLD GUY, I think you're right, it sounds like the .444P is what I want. Then again, I could always cut down the barrel of a 444, S, or SS. I'm going to start looking around and see if the cost is feasible to go that route.

I've obviously got more to read here.

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.