Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like Ruger Security Six so look at them from time to time on Gunbroker. A search for Security Six inevitably turns up Service Six and Speed Six. Security six has adjustable sights while service six and speed six have fixed sights. My question is, "What is the difference between Service Six and Speed Six other than the fact that the Speed Six seem to be more rare?"

·
Registered
720 Posts
the Service six and the speed six both have fixed sights. The difference is that the service six has a square butt gripframe and the speed six is a round butt.....

·
Banned
16,492 Posts
Speed Sixes mostly were built in 2 3/4 inch barrel; there were a very few built in 357 with a 4" barrel as well; they conceal a little easier than Service or Security Sixes in 4".

·
Registered
515 Posts
simangus said:
I really like Ruger Security Six so look at them from time to time on Gunbroker. A search for Security Six inevitably turns up Service Six and Speed Six. Security six has adjustable sights while service six and speed six have fixed sights. My question is, "What is the difference between Service Six and Speed Six other than the fact that the Speed Six seem to be more rare?"
Yep, Service Six/Speed Six have fixed sights as indicated. The Security Six has the really thick top strap to accomodate adjustable sights. I recently acquired a blued 4" Security Six and love it. Really well-made revolvers at a great price. The Speed/Service versions seem to bring slightly more money but I prefer the look of the Security Six with thick top strap (personal preference of course)! ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Though the triggers are a bit balky, the Ruger Speed/Security Six revolvers are accurate and reliable. I carried a stainless Security Six for about a year while doing security and PI work back in the early eighties. It often surprised folks at the range...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts