Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bidding on a 6660 right now because I really want a marlin .22 and am a little worried because the price is really low. Are the store branded models not as good as regular stamped guns? Should I pass on this model?

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
I have a J.C. Higgins model 44, 22 lever action rifle. It was made by Marlin and is a clone of their model 57. As far as I can tell only difference is the barrel markings. I ordered a couple of parts I neededfor a model 57 since no one had parts for a J.C. Higgins. They fit with no problems, and the rifle shoots as good as new. Good luck with your auction. Shenandoah

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Some store brands may have cheaper wood and/or sights,but it's still Marlin to the bone.They are certainly NOT seconds or rejects.But pure Marlins made to store's spec's.

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
mudpuppy said:
Some store brands may have cheaper wood and/or sights,but it's still Marlin to the bone.They are certainly NOT seconds or rejects.But pure Marlins made to store's spec's.

Mudman is correct...............

Tom

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's a reasonable limit on bidding on it? It's in very good shape (about 80%). My highest auto bid is $55 right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts