·
Premium Member
761 Posts
1895CB pretty easy to find/ 336CB really hard to find

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I find a 336 CB in 38-55 should buy it then huh?

It has Lyman type sights on it,extra tang sight (don't know make) a Limbsaver recoil pad; and a mercury recoil reducer, not sure if he still is throwing in box of Buffalo shells or not.

Is it worth $1000 shipped ?

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Well that all depends. I personally wouldn't want an aftermarket recoil pad on a cowboy, but then if the stock hasn't been cut that could be remedied when you find an original. I'd also want to get the original sights with it. They sure ain't gettin' any cheaper that's for sure, and the 38-55 is probably the most desirable caliber other than perhaps the 30-30. If wood and metal are in excellent condition then I'd probably say yes. Back to your OP question, the 336 early cowboys had 24" barrels and the 1895 cb has a 26" barrel. Still I'd lose that recoil pad pronto, that's sort of akin to see-thru scope rings.
Also keep in mind that if the tang sight has been installed on the rifle then the tang has probably been drilled. I'd want to make sure that was done in a professional manner and that it isn't off center any.
Just my 2. :)

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No original sights , just the tang sight and Lyman , has original but pad, no extra hole drilled in the tang , and the box of shells comes with it ....

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I think it is a bit on the high side. A tang sight is OK, I am thinking of putting one on my .38-55 CB. All that being said, I do not know of anybody who was pissed after they got their .38-55 CB home and shot it, regardless of what they paid for it. If you really want it, get it and then shoot the snot out of it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pop Dawson said:
Anyone see that new in the box 1895cb on gunbroker today?

Well, it'll be on the way to my house tomorrow or the next day.
I did, and its a beauty. Your going to love it. They have a good balance to them, one of my favorite.

Show it off with some pics when ya get it. :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
Pop Dawson said:
What is there another one? The one I spoke of was new in the box and it had a buy now button.
BUY NOW can be your friend...especially if somebody opens his mouth too soon! You can always get more money, but some MARLINS will never come your way again...especially at a decent price!

I'd buy (or convert to) a 30/30 Cowboy and buy another 1895 Cowboy if finances permitted. No experience with the 38/55.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Ok. Pop, did you find another sleeper deal? With a "buy now" button, no less?? Are you going to share that price? You know we're all wondering " Hey, what do ya think he paid for it"? You know it might answer the always lingering question, "how much is a Cowboy worth"?

Congratulations on another Marlin!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts