Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tubby is too tubby :oops: I pledge one pound a week for 2005. Hope I'm not lying to y'all. I tried the Corti-Slim for 3 bottles in Nov, 04....what a waste of money!! Now it's the old fashoned way.....cut back till ya lose. I've got my pound a week so far for the first two weeks.........anyone care to join me??? I'll tell the truth if you will :wink:

·
Registered
625 Posts
I tried several diets to no avail
The sea food diet- I see food and I eat it
The lite diet- It gets light and I eat
Pushing back from the table- I found I had room for more food
The running diet- I ran to the store for more food
To heck with it will just keep eating. :mrgreen:
Tubby the best of luck on your diet.

Gun Runner

·
Registered
625 Posts
I tried several diets to no avail
The sea food diet- I see food and I eat it
The lite diet- It gets light and I eat
Pushing back from the table- I found I had room for more food
The running diet- I ran to the store for more food
To heck with it will just keep eating. :mrgreen:
Tubby the best of luck on your diet.

Gun Runner

·
Registered
729 Posts
Good luck Tubby. I know how hard it is. I am a yo-yo dieter it seems. I lose a pound or two then put it right back on. 8)

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Far, So Good......3-4lbs for the month.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Lost 30 pounds in 30 days when I stopped (temp) drinking. That is pure calories.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure-Shot said:
Lost 30 pounds in 30 days when I stopped (temp) drinking. That is pure calories.
I don't drink anymore. I used to quite a bit....I was disappointed when quiting didn't produce a weight loss. I moved into a QA (cross connection) position last spring and put on a bunch. That was on top of a bunch that I put on when I quit smoking about 8 years ago. I let it get out of control and now I'm paying the piper. My motivation is looking at Bear 45-70 and telling myself I don't EVER want to get that big and ugly :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Slow eating

T^3
I've found that eating very slowly causes me to eat about 1/2 as much and feel perfectly content.

The slow eating just happened right after I had to have all upper and all but 7 lower front teeth pulled. Due to bone structure in my head, the falsies last about 15 minutes before they are laying in my lap. Therefore, the falsies live in a plastic box full of water in the bathroom. Been about 3 years now and I can eat almost anything. But eating takes a long time. The first year I lost a good 20 lbs and haven't put any of it back.

I'm not suggesting the teeth routine, just the speed.

dean

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far, so good. Started at 254-255 and down to 247-248....
I want to go slow and not use any special foods. I have to say, Green Tea seems to cut my desire for food and I've read several times that Green Tea will help burn fat......

·
Registered
888 Posts
1 tablespoon of apple-cider vinegar in a 8oz. glass of water before meals works too....if you can get past the vinegar that is.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would any vinager work? I get this Kirkland balsemic vinager and it tastes almost like wine it's so smooth..

·
Registered
888 Posts
tubbythetuba said:
Would any vinager work? I get this Kirkland balsemic vinager and it tastes almost like wine it's so smooth..
Yepper they claim any type vinegar will work.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yep..yep...I forgot all about the pill form...I know folks that do one form or the other and swear by both...both can cause ya' pucker power...LOL :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Tubby,

What the heck are you doing? Sending it my way?! :oops: :roll: :D

G

·
On the vinegar thought---
The love of my life was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol, we have been cutting back on the nasty stuff, and will be rechecked in 6 months. Hopefully will not need meds to control it.

We heard of a concotion that is supposed to help lower it, so he is giving it a shot.

To Lower Cholesterol:
2 cups grape juice
1 cup apple juice
1/4 cup white vinegar
Mix all in container and store in fridge.
Drink about 1 ounce a day.
(Make sure it's juice, not the juice-drink stuff.)

Enjoy! :shock:

Figured nothing "bad" in it, so might as well try. He's 4 months into it, will keep you posted.

Deb :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well Tubby...... It's been a few months and it's time for an update.... Maybe it will inspire other people........LIKE ME to get rid of this spare tire...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sasquatch said:
Well Tubby...... It's been a few months and it's time for an update.... Maybe it will inspire other people........LIKE ME to get rid of this spare tire...
I did pretty good for awhile, now it goes off and comes back on, seemingly by itself :oops:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tubbythetuba said:
Sasquatch said:
I did pretty good for awhile, now it goes off and comes back on, seemingly by itself :oops:
Well, they scared me a month ago with the BP and Blood Sugar tests. I've cut back carbs even more, cut portions some more and have added a 2.6 mile daily walk to the mix. I think I just cracked 239 which is down from pushing 260 at the first of the year. Blood Sugar is down to almost acceptable, BP has been fine, but I'm on meds for that and when I miss one, it goes up. I've got till the end of OCT to improve enough so they don't put me on diabetic meds. The walking and no rice/potatoes/sugar seems to be doing it. I don't miss the food knowing I'm getting my health back in return. I just feel better all the way around and not as depressed as I used to be. YeeeeeHaaaaaa!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts