Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the late sixties Mom and I lived with Grandpa Lyman Stone and Grandma Bessie, while Dad was stationed in Alaska.Grandpa was raising chickens to sell eggs. Grandpa had walked into the barn to fill the automatic chicken feeder. I had just rounded the corner of the backside of the house. I had just came from the canal where I spent most of my youth. Grandma Bessie was at the back door talking with some of the Ladies from our Church. They were there to pick up some frying hens for the Sunday social. Grandpa always wore a union suit under his coveralls. For those who don't know what a union suit is, it is a one piece under garment that has a buttoned flap in the fanny to take care of buisness without having to get fully undressed in the out house.
Grandpa came running out of the barn justa whooping. Whoo, whoo. Grandpa began stomping the ground like a 4 year old throwing a hissey fit. Grandma hollared at Grandpa. Lyman whats wrong with you. All of a sudden he just flopped on the ground on his butt and began scooting and hopping around still hollaring whoo, whooo. He then jumped up on his feet again and ran a little circle then began snatching his coveralls down to his ankles. Grandma Bessie started towards Grandpa hollaring Lyman have you lost your mind. The Church ladies were almost on the ground laughing by now and then Grandpa reaches back and ripps the flap down. Out flew this carnivorus mouse that had been tearing him up. That thing flew out his backside like it was a rocket.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
No carnivores, but… When I was 12-14 my dad woke me up bright and early on a Saturday morning and wanted help carrying a couple of twenty foot sections of 2 &1/2 ” steel pipe to extend the kitchen sink trap. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my jeans from where I usually kept them (on the floor), jerked them on and ran outside at his insistent urging to hurry. With a piece of pipe in each hand, about ½ way to the end of the existing pipe, my right thigh felt like it was on fire. Stopping to check it out only got me screamed at, so I ignored it for about 10 more steps, and the burning moved up to the extreme upper part of my thigh, right behind my front pocket. Trying to reach it and carry the pipe only drew more yelling. But then, the burning reached my right uhhhh, well it reached my “right there”. That was too much and I just dropped both pieces of pipe making a pretty good aftershock reverberation on the old man’s end of the pipe. I came out of the pants and found one VERY agitated stinging scorpion. I didn't get a lot of sympathy, but it was good for a belly laugh out of my dad. I'm just happy the entire neighborhood wasn't there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.