Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
I like watching the Humming Bird Wars at the feeders! Great shots!

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
Nice. We always really liked Humming Birds. Even without feeders, we had a few this year going for our many flowers.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Yea my sis has a couple of feeders and at one time there must have been about 6 of them birds taking a nip. And we was about 5 ft from them on the front porch.

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
We are fortunate here in Arizona to have our Hummers year round. However they do get a little testy with me when I'm grilling about 20' from the feeder.:eating:
Jim

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Nice pics T! The ones my wife feeds will buzz my head if I venture too close. Heck fire, don't they know I'm the one that hangs out the feed? They are amazing little creatures indeed.

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Great shots! We have them around here all the time, and they often nest in our bushes etc. For such little things, they have "big" attitude too if you get near a nest, they attack, ha! We quit putting feeders out years ago, but still plenty around. They seem to like to visit me when I'm using the hose outside as well, buzzing around looking for an easy cool drink I 'spose... :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
28,797 Posts
I like em to yall,
just kidding about the tennis racket .
But they do work well with Hornets:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like em too...Taste just like chicken, but sure takes a passel of em to make a mess. :)
I have had them light on my shirt and size me up a couple of times.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
I was getting a tooth pulled in a dentist office several years ago and there was a hummingbird feeder hung outside off the roof of the building that hung down where you could see it when you were leaned back in the dentist chair. I was pretty anxious about getting the tooth pulled as most people are but the combination of laughing gas and the hummingbirds made it a little more bearable. It is amazing as to how many times there wings beat per second.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Very nice pictures and thank you for sharing!

I used to have them back in farm/lake country all around my lilac and honeysuckle bushes. South side of the house and in the back yard. They would fly a few feet from the brick house close to all of my large windows. I think that they liked the sun on the brick when it started to get cooler outside but I am not positive. They flew from bush to bush and close to the windows.

I never had a special feeder or put out water for them.

My MT born and raised husband told me that if I plant some of the same bushes - I may get them around here.

Cate

1 - 15 of 15 Posts