Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yes just pull the bolt back, there will be a tab just forward of the trigger guard right hand side to release it.

·
Super Moderator
16,940 Posts
The tab in front of the trigger group in the LSHO, if your firearm has it then you ave LSHO, if not drawing the bolt all the way back and pushing in will lock the bolt in an open position, YOU must release the bolt to fire.
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Shotgun

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doh. The ones with the button--of course. II thought I'd really lucked out and gotten every good feature possible. I wonder if there' some way to drill a viewing panel or hole of some sort to know whether or not you'e empty. The idea of dry firing it constantly bothers me more than anything, but apparently these have a design feature of some sort to mitigate the potential adverse eff3cts of that very thing. I don't trust it. Haha.

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
Holy Crap! Don't dry fire it....pull the bolt back and look in the chamber instead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'd spend all day pulling the bolt back and looking,or having to keep a meticulous count of just how many you've fired and exactly How many you loaded...no? Kind of funny, I went out of my way to get an older one with the higher capacity and I would've ended up stopping with a half dozen left just to be on the safe side every single time

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I thought the firing pin was held in by a pin that prevented over travel but I'm not sure about that. If it really bothered me, I would simply load a snap cap as the last round in the tube so that your last trigger release falls on the snap cap.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My Revelation 120 (Marlin Model 99) doesn't have LSHO. It looks to be designed to not hit the breech if dry fired. With the firing pin in the "fired" position, it won't hit the breech. How many times in 54 years do you think this rifle has been dry fired? I'm not sure about newer rifles. But, I don't dry fire my rifle on purpose, but it does and will happen from time to time. You can see that the breech has not been damaged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.