Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Nice one, make an appointment with him in 3 or 4 years!! with a rifle on your shoulder, of course!
:biggrin:
:flute:

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Awesome!

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Nice photos!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
They're such beautiful animals and difficult to find and photograph. Thanks for sharing good pictures!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Now there's a bucket-lister for sure!!!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Nice photos, tjeml. My wife and I were in NM, CO, UT, AZ, WY, and SD a couple of weeks ago visiting their national parks. We seen some small sheep in the SD Bad Lands but nothing with horns like yours. It would have made our day to see and photo this one. Congratulations on photographing him. With your luck, I think you should buy a lottery ticket.

Jack

·
Banned
869 Posts
I'm curious if these rams are any good to eat? On one hand, I can see them being somewhat close to lamb in flavor...but on the other hand.... I would imagine the meat would be pretty tough and lean.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When we saw the ram we pulled over and got out. we walked a way toward him until we could get some good pictures. My camera is a Cannon 160 I S with a pretty good zoom. I got within 50 yards of it the wind was in my favor.

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
great pics

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
My son-in-law is a Master Sergeant in the Air Force and my daughter and him stopped by Sunday for lunch before they headed for Tucson where they will be stationed now. I sent them a copy of your post and they loved the pictures. I have never been to Arizona but the wife and I are planning to fly out to see next spring. They were looking at houses and I love the rock and dirt yard. I need that here as I am already mowed out this year and it is early.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lots of sand and gravel in Arizona. We go to Quartzsite in January for about 9 days every year, Takes some of the bite out of our winter. Those pictures were taken last January. Most days we were there last January the highs were in the mid 70's, nice weather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts