Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
As far as I know. The Preident and anyone elected to congress have to swear to uphold the consititution when elected by the people. And fully protect our rights granted by our Forefathers once in office.

Our obligation is to make sure they do uphold the Constitution, and adhere to their Oath, and if not, the Fathers then expected us to remove them by whatever means we deem necessary. So you are somewhat correct.

·
Registered
15,909 Posts
April, 1861...total failure to act within the Constitution, both on President Lincoln’s treasonous invasion of the southern states and Congress’s failure to immediately remove him from office.
I mean, it’s right there in plain English.
Booth did the right thing, just wish it was in May 1861.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
I expect more gun control post election no matter who wins, and will continue to live/operate that way. Preserving our firearms freedoms is not the priority of anyone in a significant seat. Yet still, we look to the goverment guilty of mulitple infringements to reverse the infringing. Once again, we'll get what we allow, and ultimaltely deserve for allowing.

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Its coming. sooner or later! reloaders will be unauthorized ammunition manufactures!.
This is why State level politics are so important. It is at State level that the Looneys will infringe on all of your rights because they pass local city mandates that require you to pay fees for stuff. It boils down to taxation without representation:Fees for shipping in bullets, powder, primers etc. Once the States are successful at this criminal assault on your rights they will ban together and do it for everyone at National level. That is why it is very important to NOT let them take over your local politics to where you have NO conservatives in Gubberment.

·
Super Moderator
26,224 Posts
The politicians are not responsible for protecting the Constitution...
We are.
I beg to differ, James, they are when they take a solemn oath to uphold constitutional law which is protecting the constitution. Of course, it is up to The People to hold them to their oaths.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
4,930 Posts
I beg to differ, James, they are when they take a solemn oath to uphold constitutional law which is protecting the constitution. Of course, it is up to The People to hold them to their oaths.

Jack
This, exactly!

But it's unfortunate that the vast majority of the current population has such little knowledge (or even care about) the Constitution they don't have any idea whether their favorite politician is even knowledgeable about the Constitution ... let alone adhering to it.

jd

·
Registered
15,909 Posts

Jack
Doesn’t look like that from where I’m sitting, and hasn’t been true since April, 1861, otherwise Lincoln and most of the 37th U.S. Congress would have been HANGED for treason.
R/Griff

·
Registered
15,909 Posts
This, exactly!

But it's unfortunate that the vast majority of the current population has such little knowledge (or even care about) the Constitution they don't have any idea whether their favorite politician is even knowledgeable about the Constitution ... let alone adhering to it.

jd
Most people repeat the lie about this subject so often, it becomes true over time.
R/Griff

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
The politicians are not responsible for protecting the Constitution...
We are.
We have been given via the constitution the mechanism to take out a rogue Gubberment that has become corrupt beyond it's own safeguards being effective. This is when Gubberment becomes so corrupt that KEY gatekeeper branches are no longer walking the straight line. Obama and the "Dirty Dems" have succeeded in planting many bad players who are all committing Sedition from the inside and misappropriating our money (Our taxes) for funding their Sedition. That is why they want to tear down the final failsafe to their rampant corruption: The Constitution and the 2nd Amendment. We cannot let the 2nd fall because if that happens everything else will crash with it. That is the ONE thing that they fear the most and what is preventing the DIrty Dems from implementing their "Final Solution". And if you are thinking that "Final Solution" sounds familiar I do mean the same concept as Hitler.

·
Registered
15,909 Posts
Only the individual state governments acting in concert have the power to bring the Federal government to heel. Unlikely to happen, given the amount of funding distributed to every state, and we all know of no state that is willing to be the first to reject money from the launderers in Washington, D.C..
We are in for two decades of hell in the dis-United States.
R/Griff

21 - 31 of 31 Posts