Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Democrats are rallying behind a new gun control bill and they are hoping that you are too busy to notice. :rolleyes:

The legislation is called the Stop Home Manufacture of Ghost Guns Act (H.R.7468). Introduced by Reps. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) and David Cicilline (D-RI), the bill claims to eliminate the ability for people to build homemade guns.

It is legal in the United States to build a firearm for personal use as long as (1) you are allowed to own the gun and (2) the gun itself is not illegal. During this pandemic, a lot of gun owners have turned to building homemade firearms because the tyrants running their cities and states forced gun stores to close. Believe it or not, a lot of the homemade gun kits are very easy to put together. It only takes a couple common powertools to build an AR-15 or even a Glock receiver.

That is why H.R.7468 is so terrifying. It would make it illegal to own or transfer what the legislation calls a "firearm manufacturing machine."

How does the bill define a "firearm manufacturing machine?"
"(A) a device designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be used primarily to make, or convert a product into, a frame or receiver for a firearm; and (B) any combination of parts designed or in4 tended for use in making a device described in sub paragraph (A) and from which such a device may be readily assembled.’’

Yes, pretty much any power tool can be construed as a "firearm manufacturing machine." That is by design. They want to make this as broad as possible to be able to prosecute as many people as possible...

And the idiot Republicans are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.
Republicans are so eager to make it look like they're "doing something" that they are actually joining Democrats on this.
Senator John Cornyn is on record saying that he believes gun control targeting unassembled gun parts should be stricter. Others like Mitt Romney (no surprise there) support cracking down on "ghost guns."

There is no such thing as a "ghost gun." Americans have been building their own firearms for self-defense since before the American founding. Right now, i could walk into Home Depot's plumbing department and walk out with everything I need to build a shotgun. Democrats are terrified, however, because it is becoming easier and easier for law abiding citizens to build functional firearms at home.

The image above shows a homemade Glock-style pistol. The frame of the gun -- which is the only part that is legally regulated as a firearm -- is homemade.

The Left's ultimate goal is to not only create a registry of who owns which firearms, but also to be able to pick and choose who is allowed to own a gun. Homemade firearms make the Left's gun control dreams impossible. That is why they want to push this new gun control bill through.

They are so desperate to control who owns guns in this country that they are now trying to ban common hand and power tools...
As I said, the GOPers think that this is a "compromise" bill. Just like they are trying to do with the anti-statue mob, the Republicans believe if they give the gun control Democrats something, they will be able to appease them.

Just think about that for a second. The Republican Party is debating whether to surrender a portion of our rights in order to stop the Left from demanding more.

There is no negotiating with these people. Their goal is civilian disarmament and here the Republicans are talking about 'meeting them halfway.'

Our rights are non-negotiable. Any surrender is unacceptable.
Whether you want to exercise it or not, you have a right to build a firearm. If the government becomes tyrannical and shuts down all gun sales, you have the right to build your own. That is a right given to you by your creator.

Democrats know that gun control is impossible if Americans can build their own AR-15s or Glock handguns. That is why they are trying to outlaw the machinery to do it!

We must stop this bill! :mad:

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
Assault angle grinder. High capacity drill press. Fully semi-auto milling machine. They can have my micrometer when they pry my cold, dead fingers.........

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
This is such garbage that it doesn't even qualify as a valid piece of legislation.
"Sadly, with the passing of time, the Oath or Affirmation of office has become perfunctory. It has lost its meaning to many of our elected leaders."

Ronald M. Mann, Deputy Director Commission on the Bicentennial of the United States Constitution

·
Super Moderator
26,224 Posts
The left are attacking conservative patriotic Americans on all fronts, non-stop! They will not stop seeking their totalitarian dream of total control and power.

In CA, beginning I believe in 2022, beyond the FFL needed for an AR-15 lower, you'll need an FFL for each and every separate component you purchase to build out your AR-15. Yes, the upper, or every single part that makes up an complete upper, butt stock, pistol grip, charging handle, MB, drop in trigger, you name it, they all need a separate FFL and CA's outrageous charges. IOW, the FFL charges will be staggering and that is how leftist legislators intend to end, build your own.

Yup, buy a complete AR-15 for a whole lot less. Well, that is until they utterly ban them. Leftists are pure evil! I'll never surrender!

Jack

·
Super Moderator
26,224 Posts
Its coming. sooner or later! reloaders will be unauthorized ammunition manufactures!.

Stop giving them any ideas! Some things just need to never be spoken.

Jack

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
The more criminals the progressive can manufacture through legislation,
the easier it will be to control the People.

It isn't about ghost guns, it isn't about making guns at home and it isn't about safety. It's about control. It is only about control.

·
Registered
13,458 Posts
It is totally about control. They want to control everything from what you eat to your light bulbs. Can you imagine the structure they would put together to inspect and enforce their agenda? Half the population riding herd on the other half. That’s how it’s done in Marxist countries. That is the only way it would work in this country. With population divided the right would not comply with Marxist
programs. They would have to be forced. I don’t believe the Liberal Left is that powerful. The media makes them look like the majority. Nothing could be further from the truth. What we do have to consider is those who would actually support such policies. These are dangerous people. There has to be mechanisms to protect us from them. It is lunacy that these people can come out in public and promise to take away our rights. It should be a major process to do so, with each state having to vote on changes. The Left has been doing what it wants under Obama and if we don’t like it you have to go to court. It’s other way round with Trump. The Left has activist judges rule against him and again it takes a court decision to end it. The Founders put impeachment in Constitution for the protection against corrupt officials. It needs used more often.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
AS I've said before, it's not just power tools. Hammers, files, anything that can be used to "manufacture" a firearm. How about banning writing utensils and paper, along with computer design programs--you have to design something before you can build it.

I am reminded of many years ago when the move was made to remove the fully demilled (receiver AND chamber drilled/pinned/welded) M-14 rifles used by the local JROTC unit at the high school. The reasoning was that "with thew right equipment, they could be made functional again." My comment to the major in charge was, "With the right equipment, I could turn one of those steel girders in the building into an M-14. So what's your point? Maybe we should tear down the buildings." It was something he obviously hadn't thought about. Not that it made any difference in the final outcome, but it just goes to show how little these idiots really know about anything.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
the unlawful government can pass all the bills and laws they want to, it changes nothing as far as I am concerned. any and all gun control is illegal period! the government dose not allow, grant, or give me or you any "privilege" to own a gun! that is a lie! our rights come from God! do not fall for the 2nd amendment right to own a gun! if it is a right granted by a government then that same government can take it away! and they will! the bill of rights is no better than the corrupt public servants that don't honor there oath! they never do! I have a conviction! I will die before I ever comply!

·
Super Moderator
26,224 Posts
We all know, or should know, our 2nd A doesn't grant us any rights. Only the almighty has that power.

The 2nd A serves as a guarantee that our right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Yet, I feel plenty of oppression by wannabe overlords against my liberties and freedoms here in CA.

The word "comply" has a REVOLTING ring to it. Politicos best beware, I best never hear the word "comply" directed at me. EVER!

Jack

·
Registered
13,458 Posts
It has been reported that our enemies have concluded that invading America would be very costly because of all the guns in citizens hands. We are talking foreign militaries, what makes a bunch of jerks like ANTIFA and BLM think they can take over the country. These groups are nothing more than domestic terrorist. They do best in mobs against older people who are scared of them. They have the protection of Liberal mayors & governors right now. What going to happen when a bus load of Steel Workers, miners and lumber jacks run up against them? This running around clubbing people and random shooting is not going to work. These ignorant Marxist want to do away with the law and the police. If that day ever comes the first thing on many Americans list will be to rid the country of the Marxist scum we are putting up with today.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
nancy pukelosi and other liberal marxist want to do away with the law keepers in this country and install there own! so they can have full control over us. that is why I think they want to do away with law enforcement in or country! WE CANNOT LET THAT HAPPEN! if we do we are as stupid as they think we are! WE CAN'T LET THAT HAPPED!

·
Registered
13,458 Posts
Let the Liberal Left keep pushing their Marxist agenda. They are wanting to spark outbreaks of violence from conservatives to use in media fake news. They are interested in just individuals or small groups getting violent. The only time this has happened so far that I know of is by idiots that are credited with being from the right. Low IQ white supremacist type. When the real Conservatives have had enough and it requires going into streets, it won’t be pretty. This has never happened to point of violence before. The last time Left got out of hand the Hard Hats put it down without to much trouble or violence. This time violence may be required but more importantly is holding the organizers of this Marxist Anarchist uprising responsible. The politicians keep saying it most important this never happens again. I can’t think of a better statement than the public execution of Obama and his inner circle that were engaged in this Conspiracy that continues to this day. I don’t see how a fair election can be held under these circumstances. We know they are criminal, they know we know they are criminal, but because of ongoing conspiracy of corruption we are restrained from stopping it. It’s crazy and I have no idea how to stop it. All I can say is J Edgar may have had his faults but we wouldn’t have Marxist installed all over our government under his watch. JFK a hero Democrat POTUS was a true patriot and anti communist. Where are all his supporters. I can’t believe they would support a Tin Horn like Biden who isn’t POTUS caliber on his best day let alone now with mental duress.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The Dems are horrible and absolutely stupid. But the Republicans are very close behind. Even the Republicans could care less about our 2nd Amendment Rights. They have proven it in the past. They are spineless when it comes to protecting the 2nd Amendment. And claim to our Champions, yeah right,laughable. They all just say what it takes to get a vote from you. Then the heck with you.

Sad thing is I have only lost one 2nd Amendment right since the AWB. One guess who was behind that one recently? Hint it was not Obummer.

Yes the Dems are a scary bunch. But to be honest with you. They all are.

These people on both sides just want a fight with the other side no matter what either side wants. Not what might actually good for the Country as a whole. Politics and Politicians from the top to bottom are all pieces of you know what. They have become like a bunch of 4 year olds fighting over a toy. All are corrupt to the core also.

We are the poor toy caught in the middle of their mess they have all created.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts