Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Democrats Introduce Bill to Give NFA Treatment to Semi-Auto Rifles w/ Detachable Mags

2K views 32 replies 27 participants last post by  4T57T 
#1 ·
Nine Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives quietly filed a bill on Friday that could play a major role in President Biden’s gun control agenda. The text of the bill has not been released, but the title says everything you need to know: “To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to subject to the requirements of the National Firearms Act any semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine.” Lead sponsor Rep. Ted Deutch of Florida explained on Twitter his rationale for filing the legislation. “Congress passed the National Firearms Act after the 1929 Valentine’s Day massacre to tightly regulate certain machine guns & shotguns,” he said. “After 2018’s V-Day attack at MSD & others, it’s time to update this law & regulate the weapon of choice in mass shootings: semiautomatic rifles.”...- Jordan Michaels

Read more: Democrats Introduce Bill to Give NFA Treatment to Semi-Auto Rifles w/ Detachable Mags - GunsAmerica Digest

#2 ·
I don't recall seeing "tyranny" on the ballot box...guess a lot of democrats did.

#4 ·
“Congress passed the National Firearms Act after the 1929 Valentine’s Day massacre to tightly regulate certain machine guns & shotguns,” he said.
Let me know how that law has worked out. Criminals just keep on breaking the law even after nearly a century. What is the difference between a 1920s Gangster and a 2021 gangbanger?

#7 · (Edited)
This type legislation will now "outlaw" 50+ yr old classic Belgium Browning semi auto BARs. Also, from what I just read, all .17 & .22 rimfire semiautos with magazines.

Any non dimwit Demonrat knows that semi auto rifles are used in VERY FEW murders. The FBI statistics bear this out. Human hands and the common claw hammer each kill more yearly.

So, what will this reap for them? Absolutely NOTHING. But, the next step will be handguns. The gun of choice for thieves, murderers and general deranged misfits.

Imagine that? All the weapons we choose to carry legally, and in many cases by license to protect us from misfits, low lifes and idiots now illegal.

#10 ·
This type legislation will now "outlaw" 50+ yr old classic Belgium Browning semi auto BARs. Also, from what I just read, all .17 & .22 rimfire semiautos with magazines.

Any non dimwit Demonrat knows that semi auto rifles are used in VERY FEW murders. The FBI statistics bear this out. Human hands and the common claw hammer each kill more yearly.

So, what will this reap for them? Absolutely NOTHING. But, the next step will be handguns. The gun of choice for thieves, murderers and general deranged misfits.

Imagine that? All the weapons we choose to carry legally, and 8n many cases by license to protect us from misfits, low lifes and idiots now illegal.

In red font: That tidbit of info isn't the issue, it's that we patriots are armed and standing in their way of making America an all out totalitarian dictatorship.

That said, they won't get this passed with the current Senate, it will be DOA. But we do take note of their unconstitutional draconian intentions. All the more reason to hold our ground!

Jack

#11 ·
This all has been coming for a long time. If it doesn't pass this time, maybe it will just be an executive order. Does it really matter at this point? If people haven't already decided what they are going to do,..there just isn't much you can tell them. Bury them and hope they let you live when they get there and the guns are gone? Good luck with that. Give them to somebody who will fight?. I dunno, life's full of choices.
Once you decide what you are going to do, life gets much easier and more simple, so news like this really doesn't mean much anymore.
Trust in Gods laws, that's what our Constitution is based on.

#12 ·
Maybe it's just time to give into the inevitable...throw in the towel...raise the white flag and let them have have my family heirlooms...things I've collected/purchased with MY hard earned sweat...back/leg/hand aching work?! I mean, it's only right to give up MY "things"...inanimate objects that have never been used in ANY unlawful act, have never committed a crime...just because DemoncRATS say it's the right thing to do?!
Hmmmmmm.....yeah how about, instead, they kiss it right between the cheeks! Ain't givin' nothin' up!

#17 ·
I read stuff like this and I shake my head. The left will never stop and with stalwart Republicans like Sen, Romney from Utah the right is screwed. It will really start when they want all gun to be registered. If they know you have them they will come for them. I wonder if they offered a buy back program, how can they buy back what they never owned?

#33 · (Edited)
They'll hand back a portion of taxes you already paid that is far less than the value of the arms they will confiscate. So not only will they be "buying back" from you what they never owned, they will be doing it with your money, that they involuntarily skimmed right of the top of your income and through various "fees" attached to the very arms they are confiscating. Talk about your circle of insanity..... There's some "fairness" for ya.

The disarmament crowd will be happy. Unfortunately, so likely will be the majority of the infringement victims who will console themselves with the fact they are at least getting something in return. They did "the right thing."

#18 ·
#21 ·
Inch by inch, they are bound and determined to get those guns away from us.

Gr8rtst.

Reactions: jim716
#32 ·
Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way here in the US. We all vote, they install whoever they want, the people we voted in sit back with the proverbial digit rectally fixed, and then everyone tells us our vote matters. Just before asking us for more money to get elected.

I was once happy only shooting flintlocks. When the LOONIES started saying "I shouldn't have..." it caused me to spend a lot of money.
John...

Been there, done that! Have several toys that came to be that way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.