Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of Idaho Democrats, associated with a certain county (can’t bring myself to refer to Idaho Democrats as organized), is trying to raise funds. Their strategy is to raffle off some lever action rifles. Winners will have to pick them up at the dealer, and jump through all the hoops, of course.
They are raffling off two .22 rimfire Winchesters. One plain and one fancy, and very spendy. Only thought is: one could get a real rifle for what that costs.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The way I understand it is there are'nt too many dem's in I daho. Am I right? Those people will do anything to get elected, going against their own ideals.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thumbcocker said:
The way I understand it is there are'nt too many dem's in I daho.
Understatement! There are entire counties without local Democratic candidates; last election had no Democratic candidate to contest for the US Senate seat. Trying to raise money to get candidates on ballot. Getting elected is a whole other step. Have to crawl first sort of thing.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just heard today that they made so much money on the .22 Winchesters that they are raffling off another rifle. Person who told me didn’t know any details, except what they’d made on the first two.
Who is buying these tickets? I know we don’t have enough Democrats here to break even on one gun. Yes, not all Democrats are against guns, especially in Idaho. But they do have to fall in with the “lock step left” every four years.
Three I know felt so bad last November, didn’t have the heart to rub it in. Know how badly I’d’ve felt had it gone the other way, and took my lead from there.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Perhaps the people paying the "big bucks" for the guns are some of the Hollywood Mega Millionaire Marxists who live around Sun Valley and Couer d'Alene. You know, buy 'em, destroy 'em, so they wont walk around on the streets murdering little children.

L.W.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got some skinny today. Seems that when they started out their coffers were so low they had to put the first gun on lay away. Now they’re looking at their fifth rifle. Idea, and sales, came from union.
Couldn’t help myself, made a suggestion. For what these fancy commemoratives cost, they could get a real gun. Suggested they consider either a .45 Colt or a Trapper or a Marlin for rifle number six. Couldn’t help myself, seeing all these Winchester .22’s selling tickets.
Ain’t no closet Democrat, just that one owes a certain loyalty to one’s coworkers. Especially when they are so impressed with one’s ability to dispel the notion that the Union Army was packing .50 BMG’s in the Civil War. Don’t ask, is a long story. And ain’t none of it interesting. Might give an idea of what they understood of my suggestions. Ain’t no Republican either, ‘cept I like our current president.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts