Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've edited this whole topic as much as possible, for the sake of the forum members.
Sorry I ever started it guys!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I must disagree with you on this one.Looks like the description fits rather well.Not as bright as we like but at least it is all there.Much rather have that one than most..only my humble opinion.modoc............

·
Registered
272 Posts
YES,a great point..However comparing apples and grapes when one is a deluxe 95 or 93 and the other is a 39 standard MIGHT need some credit given to the lowly 22. I would never assume to doubt your word if they were the same value to start with..I admit to never seeing a mint 39 in all it's glory.Were they ever on a par with the second example you show?? Either way I'm so happy to see such wonderful examples of MARLINS... Thank you.modoc

·
Registered
719 Posts
colors........

every see the work from http://turnbullrestoration.com/ ?
then you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free! :D

wish ALL my rifles had this type of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!then i would be afriad to shoot them i guess~ :wink:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hey! Kaintuck!! What're you doing up so late/early??? Checking out the Slick Millie pics? :wink: BTW, she did NOT work on a trawler!!! :p SW

·
Banned
81 Posts
I always under state the condition of guns I sell. The buyer is always pleased that the gun is better than the description. Anyone who saves auctions of others must be obsessive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Condition

Gentlemen, remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I never bought a weapon I did not like. As for being obsessive, we all are to visit this sight!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hooker,

You are sure right about that in my case! I am a gen-u-ine gun nut and VERY obsessive about Marlins... Vienna Steyrs.... Budapest Steyrs... BRNO Steyrs...Italian Vetterlis... Russky 1891 long rifles... and - well, it's quite a long list.

I confess it. I am obsessive and have no plans to change!! :D :D SW

·
Registered
394 Posts
From what I have seen on the auction sites, the individual auctions go away after a certain period of time. I can't see anything wrong with gathering information to keep up on what the market is at a given point in time. Hmmmm.......I guess the way I collected cartridges and associated materials for 30 years would have made me 'certifiable!' I have bought and sold about 110 firearms over the past 30 years. That, by no means, makes me an expert on any one of them. BUT, I did my homework where I was able. I handloaded tons of ammo. Once again, I am no expert there, either. If I am engaged in a discussion over firearms, I usually state where my info came from, IE: a book, owned a particular gun, loaded a particular cartridge, heard from so-and-so, etc. I have learned to smile and walk away gracefully, even when I am very sure that I am right. I figured that it was not worth alienating a friend or relative over something as simple as which gun is better, the 30-30 or 32 HPS. I also enjoy the pleasant and thought provoking discussions on this site. I would hope that if, one day, I could share a photo of a 99% firearm, that nobody would pee on my parade.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Think of it as a flea bath........

·
Registered
56 Posts
NebrHogger,

Speaking of Rusky 1891 long rifles ... I bought a bunch of mosin-nangants for my boys (11, 13, 15) and I can't think of better plinkin' gun.

I swear they shoot those bad boys 20 - 30 times and they are done for the day, but they love it so much they can't wait till the next time.

The 2 younger ones have to shoot from the bench or the recoil will knock them on their butts.

Plus Mosin Nangants are cheap to shoot.

For some odd reason they actually prefer those ugly bolts to my Marlins, kids tsk.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The Russkys are a good trigger control lesson in themselves, too! :D SW

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
There's a bit of a Mosin/Nagant discussion going on the military forum on this site...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
719 Posts
ahahahhaaaa......

looks as if cowboysmell has stepped into it again with the group!? :shock: :p

·
Banned
81 Posts
shum8 said:
cowboykell said:
In the last month I have sold 2 high codition 1897 Marlins on Gunbroker. I rated the color case in the high 90%
Once again you're full of it......I checked your auctions (and no, I wasn't obsessive enough to save any of your listings, I just did a search for completed auctions under your seller name.. :shock: )....One listing stated 70% coverage, and the other only stated "vivid". You did describe the shotgun case colors as being 90%, but even it wasn't described as "high 90%. If you can't further the knowledge base here without slinging mud, how about just keeping your cake hole shut?
.................. I rated it a high 90%....I didn't list it that way. Read real slowly the part about under stating condition of gun. I'm beginning to wonder if "kaintuck's" IQ is the same as his number of permanent teeth.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts