Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I dont figure I will be going. To far to travel to listen to BS about over priced guns. And how "rare" every thing is. Besides the snow geese are flying. I'd rather shoot snow geese, than listen to an "expert" behind the table list the reasons why his beat up POS is worth more than a new gun. I got my fill at Lincoln and Beatrice.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
big medicine said:
I dont figure I will be going. To far to travel to... Besides the snow geese are flying. I'd rather shoot snow geese...
Lucky you, I am nearly 60 and I've yet to Shoot a Goose. I've hunted Geese only once. when I was little boy about 10, froze my butt off, got sick and my dad never took me again. So I never went again...

Are they good eating.

Someday I get to go, but I havent a clue about hunting them or even where to go...

Good luck, don't shoot your big toe off...

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
They are tough to decoy. Some flocks will have hundreds to even thousands of birds, lots of eyes. We still manage to do ok with decoys, but the real fun is ambush. Stalking up on them in a field or on a pond. During the spring conservation season there is no limit on them :D , no plugs in the guns :shock: Two years ago a couple buddies and I had several thousand birds on a pond that we hunted. All snows and blues. We went over the top of the dam with 2 guns each :shock: :shock: I had my M3 Benelli and my gold 10. Do you know how many geese it takes to fill the back of a pick up?? A little over 200 :shock: :D It took us over 4 hours to pick up geese and chase down cripples. My dog was tired that day :!: We had to bribe several friends with beer and eats to help clean the damn things. We finally finished cleaning birds about 2am. I think they are pretty good eating. I marinade them and grill them. We also made a lot of jerky that year. Last year was a whole different story. we never even pulled the trigger on a goose. I think most of them went west up the rain water basin. we never saw any geese here.

Can you believe out of our truck load of geese, not one stinking band.

This year we have a good spot, my friend planted wheat right next to a corn field. So we are going to set up decoys in both fields. Hopefully will shoot em up :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts